Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Have yourself a Fun Fly

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Have yourself a Fun Fly

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 06:21 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Have yourself a Fun Fly

Here are the events that those contestants at Jetero RC will be doing on Feb. 03, '02.
Why don't you have a Fun Fly at your Club? Maybe an afternoon thing some Sat/Sun with just one or two of these events. Leave the hovering to the chopper wingless crowd. (;-))

Jetero RC Club Frozen Fickle Finger of Fate Fun Fly, 02/03/'02

GENERAL: 1. Mufflers required on all engines .10 and up.
2. Maximum Model Weight 25#.
3. A Zero line extends around the world. No flying west of that line.
4. Pilots may takeoff to the east across the field, however all takeoffs must start east of the Safety
Line about 15 feet in front of the pilot stations.
5. Transmitters are to be in the IMPOUND except during use when the Channel Clip is attached.
6. Change of model OK. Tell CD. Once removed, model is *dead*. Check with CD.
7. Please do not argue with any official other than the Contest Director. Note: To get perfect judging, simply fly a perfect flight!!

Round / Event 1. Flight Time and Spot Landing

1. Pilot has one (1) minute from start of Takeoff roll to Landing.
2. Task 1: To land – without help – at exactly sixty (60) seconds from start of TO roll.
Scoring: 2 point deduction for each second deviation. (55" = score of 50)
3. Task 2: Land (touchdown by any main gear) in designated area.
Scoring: Double time score.
4. BONUS: Come to complete stop on runway with engine running: 10 points.

Round / Event 2. Bomb Drop and Limbo

1. Pilot takes off for Bomb Drop, 2 passes allowed, then within 1 minute, starts a 2 minute Limbo period.
2. Task 1. Bomb Drop. Any non servo actuated release. Cups, hooks, weights, & rubber bands available or pilot may use his own. Scoring: Bomb Rest numbers times 10.
3. Task 2: Limbo, about 6' high, 70' wide. Pilot does as many as he desires within time. One inverted pass allowed for
Bonus of DOUBLE the value of that specific pass.
Scoring: 25, 20, 15, 10, and 5 for all after 4th pass.
4. BONUS: A balloon will be placed upwind of the Limbo. 30 points for bursting the balloon with the airplane.
Pilots Choice of time management.

Round / Event 3. Multi. Airplane Event (4 max) Out & Back Race with Musical Chairs

1. Airplanes takeoff and fly 15 seconds straight out then back and then a balloon burst period.
2. Task 1. Airplanes are released at Flag Drop. Remain below 15* altitude, Judge's call, then at "TURN" pilots turn back for race to over the field just on east side.
a. Full throttle all the way.
b. Must TO within 100 ft. marked.
Scoring: 40 – 30 – 20 – 10
3. Task 2. Pilots go into Orbit as Judge directs. At call, all acft. proceed to land ASAP.
Scoring: Order of first touchdown on runway, 40 – 30 – 20 -10. ZERO after 30 seconds from call.
4. BONUS. Land within designated area and double landing points.

Round / Event 4. Multi. Airplane Event (4 max) Balloon Burst and Precision Landing

1. All airplanes released at flag drop, proceed to a left turn around first pylon then to attempt balloon breaks during pylon laps for 3 minutes, then assemble for a controlled landings at judge's call.
2. Task 1: Balloon break only during south bound legs. EXCEPTION: A FREE balloon is anybody's game
until Judge calls NO-PLAY. Judge can call "Cut" on any pilot making short laps.1 cut is 50% penalty, 2
cuts result in *0*. Scoring: Burst Balloon 40, Break Balloon already down, 30, Down or Free a balloon, 20.
3. Task 2: After Balloon Burst, proceed to orbit east of field. Judge calls individual landing. Must land within
40 seconds. Landing will be for designated points (Scoring: 50-40-30-20-10) in marked spot.
4. BONUS: Come to complete stop on runway with engine running; 10 points.

Horrace Cain, AMA 539, Contest Director
Jetero RC Club
Old 01-09-2002, 02:18 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have yourself a Fun Fly

I competed in this Fun-Fly last year and it was a ton of fun.
Wish I could be there this year..

Have fun Horrace. Say Hi to everyone for me.
Old 01-09-2002, 08:38 PM
Balsageek

Default Cool Fun fly event

Another cool event is the toilet paper drop.

In our club we rig up a roll of toilet paper in the bomb drop of my Kadet Senior. I get up real high and upwind of the field. Everyone else takes off and then I drop the TP. It unrolls as it falls and everyone else tries to cut the paper. It's a lot of fun, however it does create a situation for midair collisions. (we use our "crummiest" airplanes)
Old 01-09-2002, 11:47 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Default Re: Cool Fun fly event

Originally posted by Balsageek
however it does create a situation for midair collisions.

Even better!
I saw a combat event the other day and there was around 7 Mid-airs. That was the most exciting part.