Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Katana V2 70 build questions

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Katana V2 70 build questions

Old 12-22-2005, 04:38 PM
stdun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Katana V2 70 build questions

Just started my build today, things look good so far. I have noticed that the tail feather set up on the website instruction manuel is quite different than on the plane I have. I think I have it figured out but wondering if you've found the same and are there any other issues arrising ?
Old 12-23-2005, 04:43 AM
Hobby-Motory

Default RE: Katana V2 70 build questions

Can you be more specific and we will try helping you.....

did you managed to built it OK or you are stock ??

Actually, it is easier than any trainer I have seen.......so.....
Old 12-23-2005, 08:10 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

The manual covers both the 46 and 70 V2. There are some slight differences between the two sizes but the construction is 95% the same. I believe you may be asking about attaching the elevator to the stab? On the 40 size model the elevator is slid from the rear with the open "V-notch" provided in the fuselage. Piece of cake! On the 70 model the V-notch is not cut all the way through the rear of the fuse as this would be too weak on a model this size. So in this case you slip the elevators into the stab slot first and let them hang loose in the rear notch. Then you install the stab and glue in place. Once the glue sets you can flew the hinges into the slots in the stab and glue the ca hinges in place. If I'm not mistaken I think the old kat 70 was the same as well.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:55 AM
stdun

Bingo on the elevator etc. Don't tell anyone but as I was showing my wife (how I coudn't figure out how to get the stab and elevator thru that hole in the fuse) she said just what you said. Women. Otherwise it does look like a very easy build. Should I bevel the tail surfaces where the rudder meets to get more deflection room? Looks like it may be enough already.