Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Scrapper

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 12:32 AM
sschmidt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrapper

Dear Flyers,
I have recently built a Scrapper. A small hand launched plane with an OS .32 2C. Much like a SIG Wonder but slightly larger. In a recent move I have misplaced the building information. I am in need of the manufacturers name, CG location and the beginning control throws for initial flights. Has anyone built this plane or is familiar enough with it to furnish some of the needed information, even if it only the manufactirer it would help?

Thanks for your help,
Steve
Old 11-18-2002, 01:46 AM
philfun
My Feedback: (58)

Default scrapper

Hi Steve,
The SCRAPPER was a kit produced by Balsa Usa.
It's discontinued now.

Hope it's help.

Phil
Old 11-19-2002, 12:07 AM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

Default Scrapper

hey Steve
the manual sez:
AILERONS-1/4" up and down
ELEVATOR-3/8" up and down
the CG is 2-1/4" from the leading edge.
I just finished one a few months back. It flew alot like the combat spad I fly. I also put a pull pull rudder on mine. on the 2nd flight the stab blew off, plane crashed in a corn field so it didnt get torn up real bad. I never found the stab, built another stab and reinforced it so it would stay on, Plane flew really nice and did some crazy flat spins with the rudder
If you want send me you adress and I'll send you this here manual.....Gator
Old 11-19-2002, 04:31 AM
sschmidt

Default Scrapper

Fellas'
Thanks for the information. I didn't realize that the kit had been discontinued. My Scrapper is finished except for the throws and balancing at the CG. With the new information you've provided I'll be in the air in no time.

Thanks again,
Steve
Old 03-19-2006, 02:04 AM
e-sailpilot86

Default RE: Scrapper

I know I'm bringing a dead thread back to life, but I had to comment in case someone does a search for this model. It builds very fast! I'm already covering it, I'm on my second day building it! I only worked on it for like two hours the day before too... Easy plane to build. I have no intention of actually owning mine though, I'm going to sell it as an ARF once it's done. I'm just not interested in keeping it. Don't want to make it a slope plane, don't want to buy a new glow engine, and I don't feel like getting an electric motor setup... too much $$$ for that. I got plenty of joy just building it!