Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 cap 232 Snaps to easy

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Hanger 9 cap 232 Snaps to easy

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 01:21 AM
26fred
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger 9 cap 232 Snaps to easy

I just flew my new hanger 9 cap 232 40.It snaps out of any tight manuver.Has any body had this problem? If i change the CG would that help? Im also trying to get unlimited vertical with it and im thinking of swapping out may K&b 61 with perry pump and carb for a GMS 76..........Any help is appriciated.
Old 12-04-2002, 01:35 AM
Ryan Nau
My Feedback: (54)

Sounds like its tail heavy or maybe to much throw on the elevator can sometimes make a plane snap out of manuevers.
Old 12-04-2002, 01:56 AM
26fred

its balanced at 4 and 3/4 like the manual sugested.This is my first plane this styl.I thought it may be common to this type of plane.
Old 12-04-2002, 02:04 AM
da king
My Feedback: (5)

yes very common in that type of plane. reduce your throws untill you can give it full elevator and it does not snap out.when you get that set, then set up the 3D rates with as much throw you can get 40 deg is good to start with. You will have to dial a ton of expo in the 3d rate so you can get in to the manuver without snaping it. about 50% is good to start with. do the manuver than switch to low rate. hope this helps
Old 12-04-2002, 02:18 AM
Smokin Cap
My Feedback: (49)

The infamous CAP-SNAP strikes again!!!!!!! Good advice from da-king!
Old 12-04-2002, 02:21 AM
jon595
My Feedback: (2)

Default Weight?

How much does your plane weigh? You mentioned that it had a K&B 61 in it. I've seen this plane flown with a Saito 72 (very light engine) and it never exhibited any nasty tendencies.

Jon
Old 12-04-2002, 03:39 AM
26fred

Thanks for the advice, Ive been flying with full movement and about 65% dif. I will set the low rates and try that.

The plane way's about 6.5 Lb's
Old 12-04-2002, 04:51 AM
SloFlight-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Default I've got one

I've got the H9 .40 sized cap with an OS .61 FX and your right...it snaps like a mo-fo. I'm not tail heavy either (I dont think)....I'm balanced right around the manuf. spec's but I've got to add quite a bit of down elevator when inverted (haven't checked incedence yet). I somewhat enjoy the snappieness of the cap.....thats what makes it so aerobatic!!!

Although, I must admit with its tendancies, I'm a little affraid to bring it TOO low since i dont want to have to pull to hard &............BANG!....if ya know what I mean. I've been thinkin bout replacing the .61 with the .91...I'm in Colorado & would need the .91 for unlimited vertical...however, its pretty dang good with the .61.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:08 AM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

Just don't forget that you are flying a plane that was designed to snap well. When flying at speed, make sure you're at low rates, like da-king adviced, only turn on high rates (especially elevator) when entering 3D at zero to low airspeed, and switch back to low rates when pulling out of 3D. Too many pilots think that just because an aerobatic plane can do some 3D, it can be flow safely on high rates, and react to input like an ultra low wing loading funfly plane. Well, those pilots snap their planes into the ground either when pulling out of 3D, loops, or when they forget to fly the plane all the way to the runway during landings. A real size aerobatic plane is a heck of a lot harder to fly than your everyday recreational plane, same goes for models.
DKjens
Old 12-04-2002, 08:35 PM
Mikerjf-RCU

Good advice from Da-king and Dkjens. If it needs a load of down when inverted, move the cg back and reduce the elevator throw accordingly.

Mike