Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

CiggyPack vs. Pizza Box Flyer

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

CiggyPack vs. Pizza Box Flyer

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 05:14 PM
Mike2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CiggyPack vs. Pizza Box Flyer

I am thinking about building one of these planes (if you call them those), but I do not have a computer radio, so the elevon mixing with the radio would be out of the question. I have heard of something that you can use for the elevon mixing to work with the basic 4 channel radio. Would you guys advise me to just build the CiggyPack and use the 4 channel radio or go through the extra trouble to build the PBF and use the elevon mixer with the 4 channel radio. And what are the differences between the CiggyPack and the PBF, I will definitely want to be able to hover both planes which I think both will be able to do and I would like to use my MDS .40 engine, if you see any problems with any of these options, I would like to know. And one other thing, what skill level do you need to have to be able to fly one of these things?? Will you be able to fly one okay if you can fly the stick type planes, I can fly my Super Stick and I want to know if those skills will be enough to be able to fly the PBF or the Ciggy Pack.

Thanks
Mike
Old 12-14-2002, 05:55 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Default CiggyPack vs. Pizza Box Flyer

You can do the elevons with a simple 4 channel radio. You just need to make a sliding servo tray.
Attach the elevator servo to a fixed portion of the plane so that when its activated the whole servo tray slides forward and backwards pushing the elevons up and down.

You may not want to go through with putting a set-up like that on a PBF type plane. But it can be done.
Old 12-14-2002, 10:11 PM
boogerboy
My Feedback: (3)

Default SLIDING TRAY FOR PIZZA BOX FLYER NO PROBLEM!

I CAN SELL YOU A COMPLETE PIZZA BOX FLYER KIT FOR 19.99 THAT INCLUDES A SLIDING TRAY! COLOR OF YOUR CHOICE! COMES WITH ALL HARWARE! ALL U NEED IS GOOP GLUE, RADIO GEAR, FUEL TANK AND ENGINE. COMES WITH COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SETTING THE WHOLE PLANE AND SLIDING TRAY. VERY SIMPLE. GO TO BOOGERBOYHOBBIES.COM FOR MORE INFO! THANKS CHRIS :rainfro:
Attached Images