Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

What is it about profiles

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

What is it about profiles

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 07:54 AM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is it about profiles

I have owned my fair share of airplanes and some of them have been profiles. In the past few years my flying time has been cut in half due to work, family, etc.. It seems like everytime I go to the field all I want to pull out is my profiles I have a perfectly good 36% Extra sitting there, an EF Yak, and a host of other smaller planes but its always the profiles I go for. Its simple really, they are easy to put together, disposable and you dont have to really beg them and tweak on them all day to get them to 3D like a monster.

[sm=thumbup.gif] So heres to you Mr. Profile creator man. Remind me to buy you a beer.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:27 AM
Dr1Driver

Default RE: What is it about profiles

I remember the first time Mac Hodges showed up at a local competition fun fly with a profile plane. We were all flying Sweet Stiks, Hots, Miss Marthas, and a few home-brewed designs. Typically, we were doing full circle touch and gos in 9-12 seconds. Well, Mac fired up, threw the plane out on the runway, and proceeded to do figure eight T&Gs in about 6 seconds!!!

You're right, profiles DO seem to be a lot of fun. I've built and owned a profile fun fly Hots, and I'm definitely planning to build another. No fun flys to go to, but it's a lot of fun to fly!

Dr.1
Old 05-23-2006, 08:45 AM
GoldenEagle
My Feedback: (1)

I get that question a lot - why would you want to fly THAT thing when you have 35 and 40% Extras?!! Well, just what you've said - they're quick to build, simple and easy to set up, and, I will try crazy new things with my profile that I won't with my more expensive airplanes. I fly IMAC comps with my "serious" planes but I can do 95% of the precision manuvers with my big Talon and still throw it around in any 3D manuver you can dream up. The Talon is tougher and way more forgiving than the "fatties".

That suits me fine - I've got a serious competitive side and the "watch this" side - and the big profile is what I have the most fun with when I'm in a Watch This! mood.

And thanks Southern, I'll take that beer! Didn't invent the profile, just made it better.

Chris
www.goldeneagleaircraft.com
Old 05-23-2006, 10:32 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For me......Profiles are the essance of pure RC fun.........take it out of the truck.....no wings to attach...no hatch cover to bolt down....justs fill it up, and fly the covering off with no worrries about getting too low.....or slow. No little man in your head saying..." Watch you field location....if that engine quits your bird is toast"...."Did I tighten that wing bolt?"......"Oh my....what's that strange noise...you better land.....Quick!!"...." Is that flutter? I know I heard some flutter"""..........

PROFILES..........PURE FUN.....LOW MAINTENANCE.......MAJOR ADRENALINE RUSH!!!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 02:11 PM
Torqued-Up
My Feedback: (16)

Not to mention that profiles fly better than most airplanes under the 35% size...

Plus, I don't pucker as much when I'm banging the rudder on the ground with a profile as I do with my larger gassers...

$200 vs $2000