Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

TMPro USA Extra 260 Cool!!

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

TMPro USA Extra 260 Cool!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 12:49 PM
karmann34
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TMPro USA Extra 260 Cool!!

Well, nothing nice to report...
I do wish to let potential purchasers of this airplane from TMPro USA be aware that Dion, the local rep for TMPro has some very suspect business practices.

As I previously stated, I ordered three (3) of these on April 3, 2007. The planes were never shipped after two weeks. Sure, I got email replys and excuses from Dion. However, none of the excuses for delayed shipment were due to the airplanes being out of stock.

The excuses were "I don't know why they didn't ship" or" The planes are still in the box of three from the factory and sitting on a shelf" "My shipping clerk must not have realized someone bought 3, no one ever bought 3 before", "The warehouse is closed because it's owned by Jewish", "We had bad weather and the basement flooded".
After two weeks and still no shipping or tracking info, I pulled the plug and requested a refund on May 1, 2007. Today is May 23, 2007 and still no refund to my credit card account. According to Dion, it takes a week to ten days. So, twenty days later and still no refund.

My recommendation to those considering this airplane is, as cool as it looks, take the advice of your profile brothers and look at what they recommend. This one isn't worth the trouble.

Since TMPro the company from China that makes models for pilots has no authority over their dealers, it would be wise to be cautious in dealing with them.

This is RCU. A forum for exchanging ideas, tips, and helping out your fellow modelers to promote and enjoy this hobby. Hopefully, in the future TMPro may turn things around and gain control of their dealers that they have addmitted to having no control over at present time.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Johnny Mojo

Oh well............Guess it's getting close to being locked again.....................

J.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:30 PM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-

That's the stop watch running...
Old 05-23-2007, 04:01 PM
aldelp
My Feedback: (76)

The other side of the coin is that I have purchased 2 of these and have had delivery in less than 7 days on both purchases. Of course I am only one person and this info also needs to go out there.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:08 PM
Johnny Mojo

ORIGINAL: aldelp

The other side of the coin is that I have purchased 2 of these and have had delivery in less than 7 days on both purchases. Of course I am only one person and this info also needs to go out there.
Thank you for the information.

J.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Johnny Mojo

Other information that needs to be put out there is that both Hobby-Motory and STLpilot have been in here since an hour ago and neither have replied to the customer complaint in the open. Now perhaps Mr. Cinni has already taken care of the issue in PM's, but I doubt it.

J.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:15 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Well this is one order that I do in fact take the blame on screwing up. The reverse took 2 weeks to come through but was done on either the 14th or the 17th. And yes I have been in contact with him in PM's.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Johnny Mojo

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

And yes I have been in contact with him in PM's.

Wouldn't have figured it any other way. Maybe the fine gentleman could enlighten all of us as to the outcome.

J.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:20 PM
karmann34

Firstly, I have NO ill will towards Dion or TMPro or TMPUSA. How can I? I have never met them.

I did receive a PM from Dion earlier about the charge being reversed. I had already called my Card Co. prior to my earlier post today because at that time the account was still in dispute due to the charge not being refunded. After Dion's PM to me to find out if it had been refunded back, again I called the Card Co. and still no refund of $charge. I didn't post again because I had other obligations to clients.

Dion says it's been refunded, my Credit Card Co. says otherwise.
So, for the time being, I am not on the hook for the charge because it was put into dispute by the CC.

My earlier post certainly reflects my dissappointment at poor customer service and blatant denial by business people wishing to sell their products to us. I still feel justified in that post.

I will be more than happy to delete it and post results once the charge has been refunded which is inevitable since the CC Co. now has control of it.

I am a business owner. I have probably heard everything... I'm not financially crunched by the charge.... As matter of fact I could probably buy their entire inventory, but then we wouldn't be having all this fun.
However, someone with fewer years under their belt and fewer funds might be less than excited to get the run around I have experienced over $315.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Johnny Mojo

Karmann,

Thanks for the update. No need to delete your original post. They have a way of disappearing around here on their own anyway.

Please keep us updated on how this turns out. It would also be interesting to see when your CC company actually records the reversal and the date it was recieved from the vendor. Anyway, if you are into profiles, get in toouch with "Buildflycrash" he'll help you out and is a great guy to hang out and fly with.

As for purchasing their whole inventory..........well I hear that Dion might be willing to let it go cheap. Buyer beware.

J.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:03 PM
YNOT

I never comment on a plane until I have flown one. Last weekend I flew a TMPro 260. Set up the right way with with a OS 50 and good servos all away around. It did not have the SFG's on it.

Flew like crap. It did not do anything well. I have a pretty standard flight I do with any plane to see how it flys. It includes everything from hovering, waterfalls, harriers, KE, inverted and up right flatspins, falling leaf, blenders, pinwheels, KE reversals, and a few other manuvers that do not have specific names. It flew like your average sport plane. It flew heavy (I have no idea of the exact weight, however it did not feel heavy) and was an overall dissipointment. About anything can hover with enough power and the 50 pulled it ok and sure it would do a decent roller with some speed, but as soon as you got it slow into high alpha, the 50 just did not have the power to keep it there with confidence. The elevator was not very reactive, the rudder did not have much power and the roll rate was slugish.

Within an hour of flying the 260 I flew a very old Morris Knife. It was kinda a flight to see how much profiles have advanced over the years. The TMPro flew like the Knife. It was only after I flew the Knife did I relize that the 260 flew very much the same way, poorly. I would have figured that with a newer designed bird, it would fly better, however not the case here.

I understand with the SFG's on, it should have KE better. There can be some improvements on the core design of the plane that would make it a better performing profile.

For a good fun plane to go bore holes in the sky, this plane is great. For learning 3D or wanting a performance profile, this ain't it.

It does look good, I will give it that. Luv that Patty look.

This is in no way trying to start a fight. Look though any of my post, I call it the way they fly 3D.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:59 AM
IowaSilvia
My Feedback: (97)

Well said YNOT. So would you say the outcome of the plane was a good thing???

I should have had you fly my plane and given an oral presentation or comparision.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:16 PM
budshobby

Hey! Watch it pal! You are pushing your luck with those comments you got there.

ORIGINAL: YNOT

I never comment on a plane until I have flown one. Last weekend I flew a TMPro 260. Set up the right way with with a OS 50 and good servos all away around. It did not have the SFG's on it.

Flew like crap. It did not do anything well. I have a pretty standard flight I do with any plane to see how it flys. It includes everything from hovering, waterfalls, harriers, KE, inverted and up right flatspins, falling leaf, blenders, pinwheels, KE reversals, and a few other manuvers that do not have specific names. It flew like your average sport plane. It flew heavy (I have no idea of the exact weight, however it did not feel heavy) and was an overall dissipointment. About anything can hover with enough power and the 50 pulled it ok and sure it would do a decent roller with some speed, but as soon as you got it slow into high alpha, the 50 just did not have the power to keep it there with confidence. The elevator was not very reactive, the rudder did not have much power and the roll rate was slugish.

Within an hour of flying the 260 I flew a very old Morris Knife. It was kinda a flight to see how much profiles have advanced over the years. The TMPro flew like the Knife. It was only after I flew the Knife did I relize that the 260 flew very much the same way, poorly. I would have figured that with a newer designed bird, it would fly better, however not the case here.

I understand with the SFG's on, it should have KE better. There can be some improvements on the core design of the plane that would make it a better performing profile.

For a good fun plane to go bore holes in the sky, this plane is great. For learning 3D or wanting a performance profile, this ain't it.

It does look good, I will give it that. Luv that Patty look.

This is in no way trying to start a fight. Look though any of my post, I call it the way they fly 3D.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:18 PM
budshobby

Hum, just wondering, how did anyone know someone is going to post something nice? Well, unless that someone who is posting something nice is actually ...

Well, I think i have already said a few words too many. Sorry!

ORIGINAL: TailTwister

Of course it did. Someone had something nice to say...

Cudos to the mods for the work it took to "clean up" this thread.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:36 PM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

buds, we all are going to get nuked again, so go ahead...
Old 05-24-2007, 04:43 PM
karmann34

BIG YAWN,

I have grown weary of this whole matter.

Epitaph:
Dion has in fact refunded the money through PAYPAL. Because it was refunded after the credit card company put the charge in dispute, it may take another week or two for it to go through that process. My CC has taken the charge off my account, but for some bizzare reason they have not received the payment from PayPal. PayPal has closed their end of it, but indicated to me that it has not been paid back yet....
I consider the matter closed and done.

I really don't know what else to say here. This is my last post on this thread.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:01 PM
mrbigg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What throws are you guys using on low and high rates? Anybody play with the CG? Just got mine together and fired up my used Saito .82. Spinning a MA K-Series 14x4 at about 12,300! I quickly richened it up to under 12 grand like the manual says. Should pull pretty good. Digital JR standards all they way around. Hopefully the maiden will go good. After losing about 550 bucks Saturday morning when my WH Extra went in, I don't care to lose anymore.[sm=lol.gif]
Old 07-10-2007, 02:30 PM
aerofundan

hey guys check this out, my brother diego just finished a video of the tmpro extra 260, you can see it here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6093920/tm.htm

Daniel
Old 07-10-2007, 05:03 PM
aldelp
My Feedback: (76)

I started out with about 22 degrees on the ailerons and elevator with 50% expo, after the maiden, I reset low rates to about 12 degrees ailerons and elevator with the prior for high rates. Left the expo at 50%. Seems right for me. At 22 degrees, it will roll faster than I can blink. Very happy now with the changes and it will be an everyday flyer. Enjoy, Al
Old 07-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Johnny Mojo

Very nice flying! Made me think about getting one.

J.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Hobby-Motory

looks like when the plane is in the right hands it can fly very well,
very impressive flying by Diego..
I am glad people can see this airplane sure worth much more than this thread made it...

Cheers
Old 07-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Johnny Mojo

ORIGINAL: Hobby-Motory

looks like when the plane is in the right hands it can fly very well,
very impressive flying by Diego..
I am glad people can see this airplane sure worth much more than this thread made it...

Cheers
Who is the US distributor of these? I might like to get one.

J.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:48 PM
STLPilot

I think the guy who made the website made it easy to find ... tmproUSA.com. It's the only way to get one of these in the USA.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:08 PM
paulsen
My Feedback: (2)

It's nice to see that TMpro is getting the positive feed back they deserve on this 260.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Johnny Mojo

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

I think the guy who made the website made it easy to find ... tmproUSA.com. It's the only way to get one of these in the USA.
Oops! still that guy in New Jersey who thinks he's from Long Island...............Never Mind

J.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.