Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

TMPro USA Extra 260 Cool!!

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

TMPro USA Extra 260 Cool!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 10:19 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TMPro USA Extra 260 Cool!!

Like I didn't know that was coming. Everyone and everyone asks you to join up with them because you are by far RC's #1 troll. You're cheap, free planes for a boatload of plugs. It saves companies a lot of money then utilizing traditional advertising channels. Not a bad thing, but your strategy is .... obvious.

And as far as you jumping into the industry, best of luck. Looking forward to seeing your professional side.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:29 AM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

Hear that fellas, Dion says I'm #1!

Simple as this. I told Mike that once you left, I'd like to help him out. A few months back, he called me on that. I'm delivering on that promise now. As of now, I've spent more of my own money helping him than the cost of the ONE airplane he has given me. It would have been cheaper (way cheaper) just to buy the plane. Not to mention the online support I do. I gave OMP crap for a long time, while you were there, and now I'm trying to help them push forward. When a company makes a move forward based on respectable goals and integrity, I'm there to help. Heck, even the Drakes like me, after meeting me.

Daniel seems to be trying to go that route now. I'm helping him too, and he has never given me a single stick of balsa.

Paul Swanson? Yup, helping him too. Airplanes given to me by Paul? ZERO.

If I'm a troll, or the number one hired gun around cyberspace, I'm not running my personal business very well... Maybe, just maybe, I'm actually trying to help these guys, just because I want to? No way someone from Dionland could ever understand something like that. Unless there's money involved, it's nonsense, right? I'm wasting keystrokes now...
Old 07-24-2007, 10:36 AM
sean sutherland
My Feedback: (2)

Cool Thread DUDES
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34306.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	729131  
Old 07-24-2007, 10:40 AM
STLPilot

Yeah ProBros hate to see someone an outsider get the spotlight. They must obey their leader!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:57 AM
SukhoiKid
My Feedback: (15)

I would have to say the Extra 260 and Katana V2 are far the BEST flying profile I have ever flown before. GREAT quality hardware with great communication and service. I believe the 260 is one of the best because you can fly it at full throttle with no flutter what so ever and still slow it down for GREAT 3D manuvers. Probably the fastest roll rate also. As for the covering it is GREAT just make sure you go over it with a iron. I do this to ALL my arfs anyway. Please dont bash this product or this company because beleive me this thing is a great aircraft to fly and put together.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:24 AM
TailTwister

I have said many times that the Kat 40 V2 is my favorite 40 sizer.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:29 AM
TailTwister

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Yeah ProBros hate to see someone an outsider get the spotlight. They must obey their leader!
Bullcrap. I'm pretty sure I complimented the Aerofun video. Those two fly like I wish I could.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:30 PM
keyman
My Feedback: (22)

ORIGINAL: Hobby-Motory

there been some managment mistakes and the prices did went up and down twice.
The price advertised now is correct and it is 119.95$ + shipping for Patty trim ARF, little cheaper for all white U-Trim.
those prices till stock end, once the next shipment will land in the US prices will be 149.95$
$149.95?[sm=drowning.gif][sm=drowning.gif]

C'mon get real.

$175 gets you a pnp hanger 9 tribute and most lhs will go $150-$160.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HAN2950
Old 07-24-2007, 01:28 PM
oregonrc
My Feedback: (32)

That does it for me. At $90, I would've given it a shot. All of these price changes and posts from people with experience with this product have certainly led me away from buying one. Lower your prices, guys. Some would be more willing to buy.

Dave
Old 07-24-2007, 02:00 PM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: oregonrc

That does it for me. At $90, I would've given it a shot. All of these price changes and posts from people with experience with this product have certainly led me away from buying one. Lower your prices, guys. Some would be more willing to buy.

Dave
And "all these guys" which are posting either work or troll for other companies, this is exactly what they want you to say, it's the name of their game.

Why not just PM some people that actually have flown or own the plane, see what they have to say.

Oooohga chugga oooohga chugga.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:11 PM
budshobby

With their slash-and-burn business practice, TMPro are not people I would do business with. There is really no place for that in this hobby. Frankly it bothers me when people like Dion and Daniel tell flat-out lies. TMPro owns the factory? Daniel is not even in China! Our Bro, Tim of Copperhead, does own his factory. He has been in China for months and has the pictures to show us what his factory looks like. Daniel is nothing but a middleman who somehow want us to believe he has any control over the quality of his products. I guess that's why he won't do anything when the covering starts coming off planes he built.

If you have to take a chance on the TMPro, just give it a few weeks and the price will go back to where it was. I know because someone let me in on how much they actually cost. The number would shock you. I guess those Chinacote really is cheap. BTW, the OMP Edge ARF is only $139, and that's a way better plane, much better craftsmanship, and made by a Bro. Soon, you will also be able to get the Mojo and Chinyak as ARFs. And if you have to have an Extra, there is the Copperhead Extra coming up. All of the above are way better built planes offered by people we all should support.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Johnny Mojo

Wow!

Boy this thread sure has taken on some new life!

Hey Daniel........Seems like your FORMER business partner is posting in this thread more now that he is NOT involved with you than when he WAS! Gotta love that.

As I said before, I never thought you would say in the open that Dion Cini was no longer involved with TMPro USA. So who is your new business partner anyway? I need to know so I can evaluate the 260 when my bench clears.

As ever,

J.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:31 PM
STLPilot

Business partner, since when was I ever a business partner of Daniel's, never. We've always been independant ever since we were introduced when I was with OMP.

And Bud, once again, and of course as usual you are quite wrong about Daniels factory relationship. But you seem have it all figured out too. Why don't you let everyone in on how much it costs to produce the ARF's? You think it's a big secret? Quality is first rate on these ARF's no matter what you and your little "Bros" think or say. Right they don't have ultracote and they are $30 less, it's call proportional pricing. And you don't have to take my word for quality, seems that doesn't matter anyway, just ask one of the people who own one which are in this forum and several others.

Pro Bros think they control the profile market or something, news alert, they don't. Billy Hell's failure in the market was living proof.

Ooohhgaa chugga ooohhgaa chugga.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:40 PM
SukhoiKid

Guys cant beleive what your saying about this company and airplane. As for ALLLLLLLLLL ARFS you should go over it with a IRON!!!!! I have had no trouble with mine coming off. Plus clean your airplane after every day of flying Leaving that glow fuel on there will hurt them badly. This 260 is far the best flying profile I have flown along with the Katana. I believe the price is right on. It is such great quality.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Hobby-Motory

Hi Jhonny,

Like I said, Dion and I still freinds and I appritiate him,
I guess he is posting here cause he still care of TMPro and myself...

In reply to OREGONRC, a quick view on few pages back shows some people
that actually do own the plane and post feedback, and seems like a very good one,
so if you are not a troll traying to bash TMPro look back on the thread and find the ones
who related to the airplane and said by owners of it.

In reply to BuddsHobby, Your anouncment is similar to that of Tim few pages back,
apperently you don't know much about TMPro so please dont make people confused.
If TMPro don't own the factory, and don't produces their own designed airplanes
than I guess they dont have any airplanes that the film come off from, right, cause it has to be other factory production than?
don't think people are stupied here, I am getting tons of e mails from people viewing this thread
and dont even understand what it is about, they all can see that people like you
are not inocent hobbist that own the airplane and post realiable feedback.

OMP have ever complained that from some Fusions the film coming off.
Allthough Mike Pilkenton the product designer of OMP has tested prototype and confirmed to use this film,
we, TMPro, has agreed to replace all the defective ones and offer extra covering sets for replace,
this was all as a good will to keep OMP's high reputation and not because we had to, as like I said
they tested samples and confirmed the film metirial.
OMP chose not to keep realations with TMPro since we had TMProUSA and the 260's coming.
Monokote and Ultracote is avaiable in China and if someone want to use it its easy to get only cost more.

safe landings...
Old 07-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Johnny Mojo

ORIGINAL:
Ooohhgaa chugga ooohhgaa chugga.

Is something caught in your throat Dion? Whatever could it be? One of your Marine Corps Dog Tags maybe?

LMAO along with many other's AT you, NOT with you.

Good luck to you Daniel.

J.

Old 07-24-2007, 03:18 PM
JUGFLIER

ORIGINAL: oregonrc

Dave
And "all these guys" which are posting either work or troll for other companies, this is exactly what they want you to say, it's the name of their game.

Why not just PM some people that actually have flown or own the plane, see what they have to say.

Oooohga chugga oooohga chugga.

Dion,
Its the same way in the engine forum. You have 5 or 6 guys who are paid to trash anyone who don't like their product and go around trashing anyone that speaks well of anyone else's. Frankly i think RC Universe needs to put an end to these people.

For the record you guys, I don't know squat about pro bro and don't give a rats rear end about it. But i just bought one of these and will give you a flight report in week.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:29 PM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: JUGFLIER
For the record you guys, I don't know squat about pro bro and don't give a rats rear end about it. But i just bought one of these and will give you a flight report in week.
Just watch the old version of Lord of the Flies while eating a plate of BBQ ribs, then wash it down with a glass of nitro. The Pro Bros is the soutern version of that great film.

Enjoy the plane, set your CG at 5" to 5.25" and it will fly like the video, well if you can fly like him.

Old 07-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Johnny Mojo

Just watch the old version of Lord of the Flies while eating a plate of BBQ ribs, then wash it down with a glass of nitro. The Pro Bros is the soutern version of that great film.

Enjoy the plane, set your CG at 5" to 5.25" and it will fly like the video, well if you can fly like him.

You crack me up you 'ole city slicker! You sher do!

J.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:53 PM
SukhoiKid

this is why i dont come to rcu that much. you get caught with people that do not know what the heck they are talking about. That is why I go to a way better site than this.

Please enjoy your 260. It is such a awesome plane.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:53 PM
JUGFLIER

ORIGINAL: JUGFLIER

I have have a 15 year old who can fly like him. Let me say for the record. I have met Paul Swany, I know Paul Swaney, He has more class than to act like these guys.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:10 PM
novabill

Greetings,

I have been watching this thread in awe for the last few days. Last night, I almost got caught up in it. The poor management calls regarding pricing of the Extra 260P have caused a lack of trust here on the forum. Why the prices would fluctuate so drastically is beyond me and I don’t even want to ask.
I do not think the intention of this thread was to make comparisons with the current offerings. There are just too many planes out there that have unique qualities to try to say one is better than the other. I think there are people who have preferences and to voice them is what the forums are about. One plane has very poor covering, but flys well and has a lot of carbon fiber bling. Others have Oracover and are pro-bro inspired. The TMPro planes have a long history here and have sold as many as any other company. All of these planes have a price point of $140-$190. Guys, when it comes to the planes, it’s that simple. If someone (or many) has a beef with Dion, so be it. I want to thank Frank (Tail Twister) and Johnny Mojo for keeping their comments within context. Although this thread is muddied cloudier than the Yellow River, you two have showed good taste not to make unsubstantiated claims as to the quality or flight performance of a plane you don’t have intimate knowledge of. For that matter, you are not recklessly running your mouth about TM Pro’s competitor’s business and timelines that only partners should know about in a competitor’s thread.
I was once blasted (as pointed out by Aerofundan in an earlier post) for making the statement “If you can’t fly a Bad Boy, Extra Stiffy or Yak Stiffy, maybe you just cannot fly” Boy, was that a mistake! At the time, I didn’t think it was such a big deal. What I learned is that the average poster on the forums shares many more liberties than the business partners do. I see a couple posters on here (you know who you are) who are stepping way over the line to discredit a product they are not familiar with to jump to the rescue of their fellow posters fighting a battle against Dion. Quite frankly boys, the battlers are holding their own and you are making a negative impression on the ones who display levelheadedness about this situation. The rest of the viewers who come here to research a product are getting disgusted with this and I think it’s damaging the reputation of the profile industry as a whole.
Look, I honestly think Dion and Pro Bros love to do battle. I don’t care either. But, I cannot stop him from posting here and maybe someone should revive the thread on the other site. I will always subscribe to that thread because it adds spice to life. As for the topic of this post, I’m the partner Danny spoke of. The price of the 260 has been set at $119.95 for the Patty trim. If you are considering the plane, read the flight reports (good and bad), watch the video and determine weather the value justifies the price. It’s that simple. With that said, can we get back to the business of putting smiles on pilot’s faces????

Sorry for the long post.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Johnny Mojo

Good luck to you William. I will take exception to one thing you stated and implore others to NOT take the conversation about Dion over to the "other site". I don't think he even comes over there anymore anyway. I just don't want to muck up the place with sh*! storms that are not needed.

I hope you are able to dig out of the mire that was Dion. I will gladly let the flight reports stand on their own (always have). I will NOT however, miss an opportunity to let others within this industry know how I feel about Mr. Cini. As long as he really is not involved with you guys then you have nothing to worry about with me. Knowing him, he WILL make himself very "available" to everybody in this thread though. So time will tell.

Good luck with your future endeavors and Good bye for now Dion Here's laughing at you kid[sm=bananahead.gif]

J.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:56 PM
novabill

ORIGINAL: Johnny Mojo

Good luck to you William. I will take exception to one thing you stated and implore others to NOT take the conversation about Dion over to the "other site". I don't think he even comes over there anymore anyway. I just don't want to muck up the place with sh*! storms that are not needed.

I hope you are able to dig out of the mire that was Dion. I will gladly let the flight reports stand on their own (always have). I will NOT however, miss an opportunity to let others within this industry know how I feel about Mr. Cini. As long as he really is not involved with you guys then you have nothing to worry about with me. Knowing him, he WILL make himself very "available" to everybody in this thread though. So time will tell.

Good luck with your future endeavors and Good bye for now Dion Here's laughing at you kid[sm=bananahead.gif]

J.

Thanks JM,

That's all I could ask for.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:37 PM
oregonrc
My Feedback: (32)

Well guys, I wish I had more trust in the distirbutors of this plane. That was definately my deciding factor. As far as the quality of the plane, I'm sure it's fantastic. Everything I've read about the Katana is good and I'm sure the 260 is no different. If business practices improve and others feel more comfortable purchasing these airplanes, I'll probably give one a try. For now, I've gone with Morris Hobbies. I look forward to reading a review or two.

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.