Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Mojo 40

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 04:56 PM
I_FLY_3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mojo 40

I have a couple of questions about the Mojo 40. First, is it possible to modify the kit at all to give it a removable wing? I have had a GP Dazzler 40 before and know how much of a pain it was to transport back and forth to the field because of the built in wing. This is the same size and I was hoping that it could be made into a removable wing as it would be much easier to deal with. My second question is what sized fuel tank have people been putting on their Mojo to allow it to balance properly.

Thanks,
Daniel
Old 07-27-2006, 05:16 PM
mmattockx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mojo 40

Indeed:

http://www.swanyshouse.com/mojo/mojo.html

Swany lists a removable wing add-on to the kit.

I plan on using an 8oz tank on mine when I get that far with it. I believe either a 6 or 8oz tank works fine.

Mark
Old 07-27-2006, 06:41 PM
I_FLY_3D

What is in the removable wing kit that allows the wing to come off? I ordered a Mojo a week ago, unfortunately I didn't know about that then, otherwise I would have ordered that with the kit. If it is as simple as a few nuts and bolts then maybe I could just buy those from my LHS??

Thanks,
Daniel
Old 07-27-2006, 07:51 PM
mmattockx

Ask Paul about that. I think he uses a wing tube or blade spars that slide together, but don't quote me on that. Just e-mail him and explain your requirements and he will sort it out. He was extremely helpful when I bought my Mojo kit.

Mark
Old 07-27-2006, 08:30 PM
I_FLY_3D

Thanks Mark, I will definately do that.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:05 AM
wessco
My Feedback: (7)

It's more than just some nuts and bolt. It replaces the center rib that the tube goes through. You get new ribs with a hole in them for a wing tube and phenolic. If you don't have room to just throw it in the car, then I would suggest that you get the removable wing option. I couldn't imagine not being able to just put it in your car in one piece though.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:00 PM
I_FLY_3D

I think I have decided against it anyway, I can't imagine that it would get any lighter doing that to it, it would only get heavier. Since the engine I'm using (O.S. .46AX) is on the lower side for power, the lighter I can build it the better. It will fit in my car, however, it is hard to fit that in my car with any other planes in there as well.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:27 PM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

I got the Kat v2 for the removable wing and I have never taken it off. Its nice that its there if you need it but its a headache to do. I just hold my mouth right and cram it into my truck. I know it was a pain to move the dazzeler with the wings attached but after you fly the mojo that will be the last thing your thinking as your mouth waters to get to the field to do some serious 3D!!
Old 07-28-2006, 11:43 PM
wessco
My Feedback: (7)

I have learned that if you'll take the main landing gear off, it won't take up quite as much room. Just a suggestion.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:52 PM
buildflycrash

ORIGINAL: I_FLY_3D

it is hard to fit that in my car with any other planes in there as well.
Get the Mojo done and fly it a few times and the other planes will not be going with you anyway!
Old 08-01-2006, 01:26 PM
I_FLY_3D

I have built the plane now, all the major parts have been framed up, but not assembled. I spent all day yesterday building. Is there any need to balance this plane laterally, and if so when should I do that. I would rather take weight off rather than adding weight if I can, so where would be a good place to remove the weight?

Thanks,
Daniel
Old 08-01-2006, 02:22 PM
buildflycrash

Latteral ballance is overrated.

Get covering if you want to fly it this weekend.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:35 PM
mmattockx

ORIGINAL: I_FLY_3D

Is there any need to balance this plane laterally, and if so when should I do that. I would rather take weight off rather than adding weight if I can, so where would be a good place to remove the weight?

Thanks,
Daniel
Yes it should be close, anyway. I think you will find it very hard to take much weight out of the airframe itself. The best way to go about this is to arrange the radio gear so that it offsets much of the engine weight. Battery in left wing, anything else heavy on that side, run the antenna out the left wing. Check the balance with your radio gear taped to the outside of the wing and see what you get. Don't forget that fuel weight will also affect this, so if you really want to be anal, use a half full tank as well.

Mark
Old 08-01-2006, 05:47 PM
I_FLY_3D

All right, thanks for the info. I'll check it, and make sure it's close.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:32 PM
MOJO65-9or10

Damn, I love flying my mojo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just took a break from studying and looked outside and noticed it had stopped raining so i quickly checked the weather online and saw about a 15 minute window. I hustled down the steps to the garage where I realized it was still raining but I knew it would be quiting so I got my **** together. As soon as the rain let up enough for me not to worry about my transmitter I started it up and ran down the street while goosing the throttle every 15 seconds or so since I didn't want it load up and have to make the trek back, to start it again.

Anyway I got to the school across the street which is actually about 400-500 feet down the road while it was still running and threw the damn thing it to the air. WOW, I just love this thing, and it didn't feel like I hadn't flown in a while at all. I started doing this thing with flapperons where you bring it in low and slow and then go into a wall and at the top you turn it over and grab all the elevator and throttle you can. It just flips over into a pancake or something. All the while losing about ten feet. Well after getting what I thought was used to it, I started to bring it in lower and lower until I broke a damn counter balencer off on the elevator. Oh well it still flew great and it only messed with doing elevators and nothing else really. So I just keep flying til the tank was nearly empty.

What a ****ing ball! I now need to recover a bit of the elevator after a bit of building, if you can call fixing an elevator building.

Just as the tank ran low it had started to rain so I shut my **** off and ran around looking for the damn piece that broke off only to fing that it was still attached and stuck to the goo on the underside of the elevator. Cool.

Well now it was raining pretty good so I grabed my tranmitter which at this point was under a wing staying dry and ran home. My **** is still sitting right where I set it down waiting to get a good cleaning so I can bring it inside.

I LOVE MY MOJO, I LOVE MY MOJO, I LOVE MY MOJO, I LOVE MY MOJO, I LOVE MY MOJO, I LOVE MY MOJO, I LOVE MY MOJO, I LOVE MY MOJO.

Old 08-13-2006, 05:24 PM
I_FLY_3D

Well after a week on vacation, I'm hoping to get mine covered by the end of this week, and fly it on the weekend. I can't wait to get this thing in the air!!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:30 AM
I_FLY_3D

I have been busy lately and it has taken longer than I had expected to finish final assembly on my Mojo. I cannot figure out how to mount the aileron servos. Could someone explain this for me or post a picture of how to do it.

Thanks,
Daniel
Old 08-24-2006, 11:16 AM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

The aileron servos mount from inside the wing panels. Check out the assembly manual: http://www.swanyshouse.com/mojo/mojo...nual_small.pdf

You'll find the stuff regarding the aileron servo mount on page 15 and 16.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:12 PM
I_FLY_3D

Thanks Paul, that cleared things up for me.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Diver09
My Feedback: (1)

Hey MOJO65-9or10 ! i pretty much do the same thing as you. i look out my bedroom window to see if the weather is good, and if it's good i just start the engine in my backyard then walk about 250 feet from my house where a little field is at and fly my mojo like crazy! the field is relatively small only about 100 feet wide and 500 feet long. But who cares? the mojo can handle it! it's like a huge nitro powered parkflyer.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:21 PM
canadian propnut

Does anyone know the name of the font used for the words MOJO ARF on the ARF version of the plane shown on the BillyHell website? I'd like to cut some letters out of Ultracoat to iron on but need the font to print out a template.

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2006, 03:47 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

wizzard.ttf Do a google search and make sure you use two "Z"'s....
Old 09-05-2006, 06:53 PM
canadian propnut

Awesome!! Thanks!
Old 09-24-2006, 02:34 PM
rayder1

just finished my mojo 40 just need to set cg any suggestions.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Diver09
My Feedback: (1)

mine is a little nose heavy, about an inch from the recommended area and it still flies great. I can hover all day long. you can have your cg just about anywhere and it will still fly great. it is such an awesome plane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.