Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

HANGAR 9 TRIBUTE 36 PROFILE??

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

HANGAR 9 TRIBUTE 36 PROFILE??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 02:17 PM
x550x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HANGAR 9 TRIBUTE 36 PROFILE??

This plane has been out for a while. Has anyone flown it? It seems to be a good match for my .56 Saito. It's only around $90 for the ARF. Sounds pretty good to me. Would it be worth trying out or should I keep shopping?

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ProdID=HAN2925
Old 08-09-2006, 02:44 PM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HANGAR 9 TRIBUTE 36 PROFILE??

I don't own one....but I have flown a couple of them.....both had OS 46fx.......All I can say is WOW!!!!! This thing is 3Ding monster, and with that 56 you plan on using........man oh man that would be a great combo!!!

I ordered mine yesterday!!!!!

NUFF SAID!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2006, 03:56 AM
ksubigbuck

If I have a crash tomorrow during my Mojo's maiden flight that is unrepairable (heaven forbid), I will get one of those. Lets hope I don't crunch the Mojo though.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:55 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

I've got a few flights on mine and really like it. Installation of the Saito .56 will require some mods, its set up for a 25 - 36 sized motor.

I have a Jett .35 in mine.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:39 PM
sravdal
My Feedback: (4)

I have this model. I set it up with the Saito 56 and I have a few flights so far. I think it comes in a little heavier with the 56 than the Evo 46 that seems to be recommended. However, I dropped some weight by using HS-225s for the control surfaces and an 81 for the throttle. I also relocated the servoes to the empennage/rear for short linkages and I did not use the stock linkages but made my own short CF ones. (I just covered the servo holes with Monokote). I do not have the 3D throws that are recommended (low rates are fine) - I'll need bigger horns than the adjustable ones that came with the servoes. But for so far that has been fine. When I do get the full rates I expect this thing with do flat spins, snaps, blenders and so on very well.

This thing flies great. My second flight was in very strong winds 8-13 m/s and it came almost straight down. I've been flying this in a parking lot rather than drive to my airfield - once I get more comfortable with it's flight envelope I'll probably fly it in my street. I'm still breaking in the 56 so I haven't tested the punch-out yet.

My minor complaints are that the "formers" in the are a little weak and I broke one just trying to get the servo lead through the fuse from the rear of the plane. The other issue I had was a slightly warped ailoron on one side that has caused some binding. I may have to take it off to straighten it out. One last little thing, the stripes and stars start to liftup after a few flights. I wnet over all seems and stripes as the very first thing I did after opening the box but that was not enough.

Cheers and have fun.

Stig
Old 08-19-2006, 10:18 AM
rcMitch71

Has anyone tried electric? Maybe an e-flite .40?
Old 09-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Walt and Sage

The fus is week and needs to be reinforced under the rear wing saddle
where it breaks...MINE BROKE and I lost the plane...

I use a Webra 36 with a Moouse Can, GREAT FLYING 3D PLANE !!!!!!
My new one just arrived today... IT WILL HAVE A STRONGER FUS....

Old 09-10-2006, 09:19 PM
sravdal

...indeed. I broke mine today too. Not in the usual place though. I was flying and it deadsticked - I came down in a parking lot but too close to the curb - I couldn't get it over the curb so it nailed it and the fuse broke in front of the wing, right at the leading edge. Nothing else really broke. The LG's a bit bent but it should be a cinch to fix. Some light ply and 'poxy will do it. Maybe I will glue the fuse/wing together as others have done.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:31 PM
fun_fly_3D
My Feedback: (1)

at what the heck, for 90 bucks one can offord to do a few mods. I flew one today at the Midwest Airwing R/C field that another guy owned. not even five minutes into the flight I had it four feet off the ground in a solid hover with winds in exess of fifteen miles per hour! Awesome flying machine! I like it better than my mojo! It still doesn't come close to the exclusiv-modelbau (sp?) funtana pro. but you can't beat the price!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:59 PM
nt flyer

Hi, I'm looking at one of these models. Does the OS46fx need any mods to fit, or will it drop in?

Thanks

Greg
Old 01-29-2007, 10:38 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You just need to shave a little off the rails Greg...no big deal w/ a Dremel...

One of the best things you can do is glue the wing and "canopy" section on to make it all one piece...
I've been beating the crap out of mine and it's still holding together fine.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:42 AM
nt flyer

No worries, thanks for that!!

Greg
Old 01-30-2007, 05:19 AM
Spacey

Agreed on what everyone else said. I've also had a chance to fly a few of these and they do fly well. Their nothing compared to an OMP bird but they hold their own. Hovers very easily and harriers aren't bad at all! Knife edge is great with the SFG's too. For the price I have to admit it's a good plane, just wish they would put some decent landing gear on the thing. If I ran out of OMP birds I might consider one of these while I wait for a new OMP kit from the states.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:47 PM
aeroed62

The fuse is week . I fly mine with an OS 32. it is all power I need .
I'm 67 years young. I have reforced the fuse ahead & behind the wing.
I'm on my # 2 fuse. LOL It will fly a knife edge loop with ease. I put
triangular stock under wing hold down plate. This is most fun I have with at the field.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:55 PM
woodnears

has any one tried taking the baffle out of the 36 evo? does it produce anymore power. Naturally i want to squeeze a little more power out of this thing. Any other mods that could help.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:18 PM
woodnears

nevermind there is no baffle!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

In case you havent seen there is a how to aricle on installing the saito http://www.hangar-9.com/Articles/Art...ArticleID=1616
Old 07-10-2007, 07:03 PM
flyingJ

This is a Great plane, I went from a high wing trainer to this to learn the art of taildragging. I was scared at first but on low rates with expo you can easily transition. As mentioned before by others the fuse is weak, but that goes for most all 3D intended planes. My snapped when a strong cross wind gust kicked up with the wheeels 10 inchs from the grass. The wing tip caught and stopped the plane, the tail section continued to pass the wing. A little CA and a popsickle stick and it is as good{no better than} new. I'm using a worn out 40la engine, it will do all the plane can handle and more than I can handle! It has been flown by guys with a lot of experience to little ole me and it is soooo much fun that I'd recommend it to anyone that is ready to move past their trainer! "This is an unpaid testimonial and reflects only my oppions, they are not to be misconscrewed with any facts other than mine"
Old 07-19-2007, 11:14 AM
mrlikescheese

flyingJ,
Me and you are like twins! a couple flights after soloing on my Superstar Trainer a couple weeks ago my dad gave me his Tribute and i love it! I can do all kinds of rolls and loop combinations and even almost hover and flat spin! ( a couple years of simulator time pays off!) this plane is amazing! my dad got it to flatspin in one place for at least one minute strait and a more experienced guy at our club was doing rolling circles about ten feet off the ground with it last year! I love it! It even flys good with one aileron! On my second flight i was flying in 15 MPH wind and one of the ailerons disconnected from the control horn, and i didn't even notice it until i flew low and saw the aileron wobling around. it was a little hard to land because the loose aileron would make the plane want to roll back and forth but i landed it, connected the aileron and went right back up.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:03 PM
mrlikescheese

You fly it in a parking lot?!
Old 09-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Pilot 3D

i would like this to be my fist glow plane, but have no idea what kind of fuel to get.
any suggestions?
Old 09-17-2007, 04:56 PM
AKFireMedic
My Feedback: (2)

Pilot, I hope that you have some other type of low wing, aerobatic experience prior to wanting the Tribute? It can be a handful if you aren't prepared. Also, any quality, name brand 15% fuel should be fine. I use Omega and Powermaster.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:26 AM
stikpilot

I TEST HOPPED MY TRIBUTE TODAY AND WAS VERY SATISFIED WITH THE TWO FLIGHTS I MADE. HOWEVER I DON'T LIKE THE SMALL WIDTH LANDING GEAR. BEFORE TAKEOFF I DID SOME WING SCRAPEING BEFORE I GOT IN THE AIR. OH AND THE FRONT TAB ON THE CANOPY BROKE, A PLASTIC LANDING STRAP FIXED THAT. OH I AM USING A MAGNUM 52 FOR POWER. GOT A MAGNUM 32 AND AN OS 46, BUT I THINK THE 52 WILL BE JUST RIGHT[8D]
Old 10-26-2007, 03:28 PM
foresterxt
My Feedback: (35)

ORIGINAL: stikpilot

I TEST HOPPED MY TRIBUTE TODAY AND WAS VERY SATISFIED WITH THE TWO FLIGHTS I MADE. HOWEVER I DON'T LIKE THE SMALL WIDTH LANDING GEAR. BEFORE TAKEOFF I DID SOME WING SCRAPEING BEFORE I GOT IN THE AIR. OH AND THE FRONT TAB ON THE CANOPY BROKE, A PLASTIC LANDING STRAP FIXED THAT. OH I AM USING A MAGNUM 52 FOR POWER. GOT A MAGNUM 32 AND AN OS 46, BUT I THINK THE 52 WILL BE JUST RIGHT[8D]
52 four stroke or two? If it's a two stroke you should crazy power.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:41 PM
stikpilot

[] I forgot its a 4 stroke 52. And today I installed another landing gear. A little wider stance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.