Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Extreme Flight Edge 540T

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Extreme Flight Edge 540T

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 08:38 AM
drewbags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extreme Flight Edge 540T

Have EF stopped producing this model? I have one and it is a blast; would be a shame if they become extinct!
Old 09-24-2006, 09:43 AM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Extreme Flight Edge 540T

Drewbags, yes the plane is no longer in production but you can get one if you hurry as EF has only a few left at the incredible price of $109 USD. I have two of these and they are a great ARF.
Jeff W.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:23 PM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Jeff is Chris planning on a new profile? I hate to see the Edge go away... I'm glad I picked up one of the "first batch" planes... actually I picked up 2... when I came home from the first 5 flight's I called chris and ordered another It's still in the box waiting for me to hammer in the first one

John
Old 09-25-2006, 12:11 PM
drewbags

I sure hope they do. I have one and just ordered a spare before they go out of stock. This is by far the most fun plane I have owned and everyone at the field is impressed - makes me look good!!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:21 AM
BROKE STAB
My Feedback: (4)

Just got mine in yesterday and looks to be an easy build.
Went over the covering and sealed everything down then started work on her.Actually my 11 and 5 year old daughters did.And they did a great job I might add.
Got to the rear wheel installation and ran into a slight problem.It seams that the stock wheel will not fit on the tail wheel wire with the wheel collar.
I had a extra tail wheel laying around that was not as thick and was able to solve and fix this very minor problem.
Anything else that I should be looking out for?
One more thing for the 109.95 plus shipping this is one great built profile.Even at 149.00 or what ever the original price was it would still be a great buy!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Nothing really to watch for on it... It is a quick build and goes together nicely.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:25 AM
jwoger

i just got one too. i don't know what engine to put it in though. 46ax, 61 fx or 82saito?
Old 10-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Maudib

Any of those will do... I'd opt for the Saito .82 on 30 heli fuel myself... nice low end torque and gobs of power.

I had the Saito .72 on it with 20% and 30% heli fuel... and it was really nice.

I like the OS .46 with a 12.25x3.75 prop too... little longer spool up... but good power.

The YS 63S is another popular engine... though I've not run one... I've not had the best luck with YS in the past and have leaned away from them... but might try them again sometime.

I'm doing on converted to electric... should come out the same weight as a glow version, 10 minute flights and close to 200 watts per lb...
Old 10-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Jerry Brown

How do these fly compared to a mojo 40??
Old 10-20-2006, 04:07 PM
JWilliams

Compared to a Mojo 40 they are similar. There are some things each plane does better than the other but overall both are excellent planes.
JSN, yes Chris would like to develop another profile and I know he has been working on a couple at this point. How fast they will get produced is unsure but he hopes to know something soon as he is in China now.
Jeff
Old 10-20-2006, 09:28 PM
jsn

JSN, yes Chris would like to develop another profile and I know he has been working on a couple at this point. How fast they will get produced is unsure but he hopes to know something soon as he is in China now.

Thanks for the info Jeff... good to hear Chris is working on a new Profile... I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.

John
Old 10-23-2006, 10:48 AM
Brunito
My Feedback: (10)

Guys I just get mine last week and I planing to put a Saito 72 on , The only thing that make me think is the servos the manual call for all can of servos on it what did you think is the better servo for this plane ???? thanks in advance to all you replies .
Old 10-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Maudib

Originally I tried to go too light bu using the HiTec HS-22MG seros (minis) and they worked O.K., but I did feel blowback on the surfaces...

I switched to HS-5625's (overkill but awesome) and it was really great.

Really you can get by with somethinn in the 60-70oz in range and really enjoy it.

HiTec HS-475HB's should be really nice on 6 volt

Other like the HS-625's Futaba 3305's would be great too...
Old 10-23-2006, 03:29 PM
jsn

I put all hitec's in mine... HS-475's on all surfaces and a HS-81 on throttle all on 6v. The 475's are a little slow but other wise work fine and are still holding up well after a couple years of flying the snot out of it

John
Old 10-24-2006, 05:32 PM
JWilliams

Good BB standard servos are fine. I did elect to use a Hitec 635 on the rudder just for KE loops though. Another servo I like and is very reasonably priced (and overkill) is the MPI MX460MG for $39.99 it is fast and high torque for this kind of plane.
Jeff
Old 10-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Brunito
My Feedback: (10)

Thank you guys for all your replies . I start to put together this week and everything look fine just to thinks
1. I have to open all the slots for the hinges

2. even if I tried to make sure the wing es even on both sides I still come 1/8 short on one of the sides .

any sugesstion ???? or is normal ?
Old 10-26-2006, 11:42 AM
Maudib

If it's 1/8" longer on one side you slide it back 1/16".

I like to take two soup cans and prop up the wing tips (so they are evenly away from the table).

Then slide the wing into place measuring until both sides read the same. Push a fine pin into the leading edge at the fuse on BOTH sides of the fuse. This keeps the LE from slipping anymore.

Then measure the distance from the rear corner fo the wing and each side of the tail post and "angle" the wing until these measurements are equal... pin both sides of the Trailng edge.

Now the wing is centered.

Lastly, eyeball the fuse to make sure it's perependicular to the wing. :ean th fuse one side or another til it looks right. THen mark around the wing at the fuse on both sides... and remove the covering between these marks (leaving the lne plus maybe 1/16" of covering so it extends intot he fuse when you do the final glue.

You hinge slots? THey should be preslottd, but some of the slots may be covered over... take a razor knife and gently cut through the covering where the slots are. SOmetimes you need to slide the knife into the slot as well because they are tight.

Push a pin in the center of each hinge so that they center... having equal amounts of material in both mating surfaces.

Hope this helps...
Old 10-31-2006, 09:24 PM
mcoccia
My Feedback: (2)

Maudib,

Where my arrow is, is that the tail post you are speaking of? If not could you mark a X where it should go?

Also what did you use as reference marks for the stabilizer tips? I am used to Arfs where you measure from the wing tips to the stabilizer tips.

Thanks
ORIGINAL: Maudib

If it's 1/8" longer on one side you slide it back 1/16".

I like to take two soup cans and prop up the wing tips (so they are evenly away from the table).

Then slide the wing into place measuring until both sides read the same. Push a fine pin into the leading edge at the fuse on BOTH sides of the fuse. This keeps the LE from slipping anymore.

Then measure the distance from the rear corner fo the wing and each side of the tail post and "angle" the wing until these measurements are equal... pin both sides of the Trailng edge.

Now the wing is centered.

Lastly, eyeball the fuse to make sure it's perependicular to the wing. :ean th fuse one side or another til it looks right. THen mark around the wing at the fuse on both sides... and remove the covering between these marks (leaving the lne plus maybe 1/16" of covering so it extends intot he fuse when you do the final glue.

You hinge slots? THey should be preslottd, but some of the slots may be covered over... take a razor knife and gently cut through the covering where the slots are. SOmetimes you need to slide the knife into the slot as well because they are tight.

Push a pin in the center of each hinge so that they center... having equal amounts of material in both mating surfaces.

Hope this helps...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79654.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	552197  
Old 10-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Maudib

Yes... measure from the right side corner to the right rear outside corner of the wing and make sure the left side of the tailpost is the same to the left rear outside corner of the wing.

Once the wing has been glued and thoroughly set. THEN install the stab. The reference for measure is the same points ont he wing... but the front outer corners of the stabs.

See this pic: A is the wing leasurement and B is the stab. (pics shows plane outline with alierons installed and elevators but leave them off for this step of course.

Make sure befre you glue that the wing is 90 degrees to the fuse when viewed from the back... the the stab is parallel to the wing. See 2nd pic...

Name:	Ec89936.gif
Views:	18
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	552240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69346.gif
Views:	14
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	552241  
Old 10-31-2006, 11:13 PM
mcoccia

Thanks a bunch!!!

ORIGINAL: Maudib

Yes... measure from the right side corner to the right rear outside corner of the wing and make sure the left side of the tailpost is the same to the left rear outside corner of the wing.

Once the wing has been glued and thoroughly set. THEN install the stab. The reference for measure is the same points ont he wing... but the front outer corners of the stabs.

See this pic: A is the wing leasurement and B is the stab. (pics shows plane outline with alierons installed and elevators but leave them off for this step of course.

Make sure befre you glue that the wing is 90 degrees to the fuse when viewed from the back... the the stab is parallel to the wing. See 2nd pic...
Old 10-31-2006, 11:29 PM
Maudib

Sure thing buddy...

The box is just to get the tail off the surface... I try and make it somewhat to where the fuse's thrust line is parallel to the table, but it's not imperative... the two identical soup cans are to amintain equadistance of the wingtips to the table.

When in doubt... think it out... then when true... go ahead and glue.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:30 AM
mcoccia

180CC fuel tank. Is there a larger tank for this I could possibly get later in the future?
Old 11-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Maudib

You can, but you have to be careful that it will fit in front of the wing and not be too long to hit the engine.

180cc is about 6 oz... I think you can use up to about a 10 oz without issue. I tried a 12 oz Dubro abd it was a little long (it has that darn lip) but perhaps a Sullivan square tank might work well.

Just go as nig as you think you need... as more fuel also mena a greater CG change over the flight...
Old 11-01-2006, 11:15 AM
mcoccia

Hinge question.

Which way does the CA Hinges install? Picture in the manual is unclear. The best fit I came up with is horizontal but I don't know if that is right. The long ways does not seem correct. Picture below.

Thanks

Name:	Ge95692.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	552511  
Old 11-01-2006, 11:24 AM
JWilliams

Put the hinges in longways. A Dubro 8 or 10oz tank is fine for most any engine you would use on this plane.
Jeff Williams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.