Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

OMP Fussion two out of two CRASH

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

OMP Fussion two out of two CRASH

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 09:44 PM
T. Bob
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OMP Fussion two out of two CRASH

can't speak for the other ones, but the UCD's have huge flutter issues and the gear pull out almost every landing. they don't preform very well either. Hence the nickname u-can't-do 3d. not bad planes but they too have their flaws. showtime is 209 and comes out prett heavy. good preformance though. Hey if those work better for you, more power to ya. have fun. buy them and let us know what you think. maybe profiles are just not for you. profiles are made light and fly light at the expense of some structural integrity, but they are great at what they are made to do. hang out. they are not pylon racers. they are made to be flown low, slow and straight up and down. Most guys in this forum like them, but there are those who don't. that is just a fact you have to except. you also have to compare profiles to profiles because there is nothing else compairable to them.
I agree with you on some of your points. UCD are not the best planes in the world but I have never seen one fall apart in flight.

The Showtime is $199.95 at Chief and they fly very well.

But this is where you lose me, in your own words
profiles are made light and fly light at the expense of some structural integrity
Then why are OMP's so expensive, you have already told me that they are light, small and flimsily but they cost almost $200.00. Someone even called them a
fatty man
I am sure that is because of their size and more complex built up fuselage.

So someone please explain to me why OMP profiles are so expensive.
And please don't bring up the 2 pieces of carbon fiber in the fuse I could get that from Midwest Models for about $7.00.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:45 PM
t_driver
My Feedback: (43)

Well i can see both sides here i have had two katana V2 70`s GREAT fliers but built like Sh*t ..I was taping covering everytime i had them out (And yes i ironed them) but the covering just would not stay on by the time i was done with them thay had more tape than covering .But i do have to say thay do fly good and i would have another one .When you get screwed on a $1100 plane as i did not only 1 time but 2 times from AW thats when it really hurts .My next one will be built and not an ARF ..

Anyway T.BOB you just come on to let everyone know about the trouble you had and its automatically your fault. Trust me ive been there .Hope you get it worked out . I guess if you buy anouther one take all the covering off of it reglue EVERYTHING and recover you well be good to go .

I should have got a CARDEN
Old 10-24-2006, 10:50 PM
XJet
Banned

ORIGINAL: T. Bob

I guess my biggest complaint would be beside some of you guys is the price. I mean $190.00 for a PROFILE. If the plane was 80 bucks and it went in, so be it, two months of fun for a 80 bucks.
But $190.00 for a profile?
But dude, you knew it was a profile when you bought it and you were happy to pay the price being asked. Who's fault is that?

Hell, I've lost count of the number of ARFs that have had structural failures within the first few flights. In every case they've been repairable and I've just fixed the damned things (beefing them up where necessary) and carried on flying.

Hell, if you can design, build, cover, and fit-out the same plane for less money than an ARF costs (even at OMPs prices if you think they're expensive) then just do it.

I know that ARFs save me a fortune (because my time is $ and I'd rather fly than build) so I accept that I'm not going to always be getting "primo" quality for my meagre one or two hundred bucks. Hell, if I paid a thousand bucks (about what it would cost me in terms of my own time to build a kit) *then* I'd expect something pretty damned good -- but for $190 -- well if you can build better for less then do so, and build a few for me too! Hey, maybe you could go into business and use your cheaper, better planes to wipe OMP from the market. If not, then you can't really complain can you?

No fiberglass cowl, no fiberglass wheel pants, no canopy and yes no fuselage.
Boy that seems like a lot of money to me and to also fall apart in two months.
None of that stuff helps a plane fly -- and the whole reason for buying a PROFILE is because you want a plane that *flies* -- not one that just looks pretty taxiing up and down pit-row.

But the OMP Fusion is worth $190.00?
I’m not so sure.
If the Fusion costs more than you think a profile ought to but you bought it anyway, that's not OMP's fault -- that's yours.

I'm not in the "satisfied customer" camp at OMP but you can't blame them because you decided to buy a plane that you consider to be too expensive for a profile.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:16 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess my biggest complaint would be beside some of you guys is the price. I mean $190.00 for a PROFILE. If the plane was 80 bucks and it went in, so be it, two months of fun for a 80 bucks.
But $190.00 for a profile?
No fiberglass cowl, no fiberglass wheel pants, no canopy and yes no fuselage.
Boy that seems like a lot of money to me and to also fall apart in two months.

Let see the competition of 3D planes under $200.00.
Banchee
UCD 90 size
UCD 46 size
Showtime
Funtana X 50
Fliton Extra 330

These planes have fiberglass cowls and pants, canopies, no chinacote and some even have carbon fiber wing tubes and gear.
But the OMP Fusion is worth $190.00?
I’m not so sure.

Everytime I try to get out...........T-BOB says something really silly, and it pulls me back in!!!

First of all, I have never owned, purchased, or flown an OMP product, nor do I know anyone from OMP........so I'm not a loyal customer coming to the aid of my friends . But I do know the difference between right and wrong.and T-BOB you are just WRONG!!!

And now I see you have stepped up the complaints to include price!!! How far do you have to go to get your kicks? But before you answer....consider this.........NO ONE PUT A GUN TO YOUR HEAD TO MAKE YOU BUY THOSE PROFILES!! You saw it.....you liked it.... YOU BOUGHT IT!!! DONE DEAL!!!

As far as this list of birds under $200.00..........I would'nt give you $200.00 for all of em! WHY? Not because they have poor design or use shoddy material..........because I have too much fun building profiles that other guys design, for well under $50.00.....re-inforced where I think they should be..........covered like I want them, with the covering of MY choice!!!!

So please.....stop trying to be a victum..... ..YOU'RE JUST EMBARRASSING YOURSELF!
Old 10-25-2006, 02:23 AM
Bass1

WOW!![:-]
Old 10-25-2006, 04:39 AM
DFWS
My Feedback: (8)

I would like for more ARF manufactures to offer ARC (Almost Ready To Cover) airplanes.
I think alot of the problems could have been diverted if the Fusion was offered as an ARC.
Alot of flyers in my area won't buy an ARF covered in ChinaKote or similar???
OMP is not alone with quality problems with ARF's from China, look how many Hanger 9
products have had wing failures?? is it poor design or poor manufacturing?? or other???
Old 10-25-2006, 07:06 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

I would like for more ARF manufactures to offer ARC (Almost Ready To Cover) airplanes.
A lot of planes covered in china covering are priced accordingly, rip it off and re-cover it. Then again, some aren't. Prices are also dependent upon production. In time all ARF prices go down. The more we produce, the lower the costs become and then transferred on to the consumer. Pick any plane that has a history and you will find that this is an accurate statement.

The problem with ARC's that I have seen, especially planes designed to build light, is that the covering becomes like steel as compared to in the bones. This is why you see more GS planes as ARC's, because they can withstand shipping issues that arise from mailing ARC's. It's not impossible to do grant it, but it will greatly increase shipping issues by hundreds of percentages.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:29 AM
T. Bob

Oh my God, I am starting to agree with some of what you guys are saying.

First of all, I was wrong in buying the Fusion at a $189.00, but I believed in what the web site said

If you like to do it all this plane is for you. Pattern, 3D, Freestyle, F3A, Sport and more, you name it, it will excel at it over any other RC model ever developed. The Fusion was designed and built to please everyone
It didn't fly pattern or F3A or even sport. If flew just like every other profile plane, 3D all the time. I screwed up and believed the hype.

If the plane held together and flew as well as advertised I wouldn't be here.

I also agree with DFWS, Arc's would be cheaper and could easily be reinforced to the fliers needs.

My cost comparisons were of apples and oranges but what I was trying to get across was that it still doesn't explain the expense, a UCD, Fliton or Funtana with painted fiberglass parts, carbon fiber parts, ultracote covering and are larger models so shipping is more but still they are the same price as a Fusion.

And as for RC MANIAC119 if you can keep them for under $50.00 bucks more power to ya, then they are throw aways. But if you have never owned a OMP you should not criticize people who have and so why are you here? Oh and
victum
that's nice. It's called a Spell Check lower right. Use it.

Fusions are very expensive for the quality of plane you receive and a profile is always a profile.

I guess after flying large gas planes over the years it's hard to go back down.

I am sure RC MANIAC119 won't reply to this for awhile because he's not home from school yet.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:22 PM
RC MANIAC119

SCHOOLS OUT FOR ME ..........for about 36 years now!

That's right sonny boy....I'M YOUR DADDY, and I can take you to school any day of the week,.as far as flying skills are concerned. But obviuosly I failed you in your up-bringing, because you haven't learned the difference between right and wrong....and as I said before..this entire thread is nothing more than a pity party for T-Bob!!

WAAA I paid too much!!!
WAAA I flew it too hard!!!
WAAA My plane was built with inferior balsa!!!
WAAA The covering is too flimsy!!
WAAA
WAAA
WAAA

Quit whinning and go fix your planes
[:'(]
Old 10-25-2006, 03:09 PM
XJet
Banned

ORIGINAL: STLPilot
A lot of planes covered in china covering are priced accordingly, rip it off and re-cover it.
Are you kidding -- that Chinacoat has some kind of secret ingredient in it that makes it almost impossible to get off without leaving half the glue/pigment behind (thus requiring a *lot* of sanding/solvent to get back to bare wood. The funny thing is that this same "secret ingredient" is quite happy to let-go and allow the film to peel off as soon as the plane gets into the air :-)

You can tell the age of all the Chinese-built ARFs around here by the amount of trim that's left on them and the degree to which the main covering seams have opened up.

My old Katana P has a horizontal stabilizer with film that is not stuck to it at all -- there's a kind of envelope of Chinacoat sitting losely on it because all the seams have come loose and oil has soaked through.

But hey -- I'm not complaining -- I've had a snot-load more than NZ$100 worth of fun out of it.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Todd L.

ORIGINAL: RC MANIAC119

Well said

RCU.... Just remove this thred

"Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks."
Old 10-25-2006, 03:22 PM
fun_fly_3D
My Feedback: (1)

SCHOOLS OUT FOR ME ..........for about 36 years now!

That's right sonny boy....I'M YOUR DADDY, and I can take you to school any day of the week,.as far as flying skills are concerned. But obviuosly I failed you in your up-bringing, because you haven't learned the difference between right and wrong....and as I said before..this entire thread is nothing more than a pity party for T-Bob!!

WAAA I paid too much!!!
WAAA I flew it too hard!!!
WAAA My plane was built with inferior balsa!!!
WAAA The covering is too flimsy!!
WAAA
WAAA
WAAA

Hey man, just because he has been less that sociable, still doesn't give us the right to make fun of him. up till now the thread has been mostly pointing out facts and such. just let it go. if he has to quote one of your spelling errors to make himself feel better than so be it. just don't do to him what he is doing to us. I just ruins our point. no offense man. I know its easy to do.

anyway, the main issue with you t-bob right now seems to be cost. if you divide the cost of the airplane in two pieces (what it would be had you let mike give you another palne it would have been 95 dollars for the airplane. I can't figure out why you didn't take him up on his offer of a new plane and just sell it or better yet fix your other one and have both to fly. Are you just too proud to acept that someone is trying to make good after you bashed his company? would that make you feel guilty? anyway, each of the planes you mentioned are good fliers, but they all have their problems. flight preformances to me and m,any others is better on profiles because you dont have the weight of the fiberglass cowling and wheelpants and a full built up fuselage. Also when you built the plane, you should have realized that when you try to fasten a wing or stab to a surface that is 1/2-3/4 inch thick, that there might need to be a little reinforcement done. which is what you could have made this thread about. "hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I had a wing break off in flight on my Fusion .90 and just wanted to say that if you have one i would advise strengthening the wing a little bit." thats all you had to say.

Brian

P.S. as long as we're pointing out spelling errors, read the TITLE OF YOUR THREAD!! is is an OMP FUSION not FUSSION. i think you got confused with T-Bob fussing and OMP fusion. might want to consider not pointing out a splinter in someone elses eye when you have a plank in your own.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:37 PM
fun_fly_3D

ORIGINAL: Todd L.

Well said

RCU.... Just remove this thred

"Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks."
There is some of this going on here, but no one seems to be offended. they simply give it back. that is the beef I have with RCU is you can never say it like it is because the thread will get closed. at the pr@ Br@ site, if someone is making a totally invalid point, then we can point it out. just to back my point up, try typing in Pr@ br@ here. you can't because they will replace it with *******.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:39 PM
NM2K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: PropSpinner

I don't remember which OMP he had but the owner of out LHS has one that has the stab problem so he advised me to not purchase anything from OMP because they don't stand behind what the sell. I must take his advice because he has been right about so many other products. Have you attempted to get your money back. I'm curious to know if they did you right. They told the LHS owner it was a glue joint failure and I know that's a bunch of stuff. I saw the plane and the foam core fuse broke at the stab and he doesn't fly that radical and definitely knows how to build.

--------------

Maybe a note from you and some pics might help change their minds. I'm surprised they didn't request that the wreckage be returned.

The problem is that scoring can occur when clearing the covering that can greatly affect the strength of the components and the joint.

I've dealt with them (OMP) before and had excellent results. I am not saying that the OP doesn't have a legitimate gripe. There is no way that I can see that well from here. <G>
Old 10-25-2006, 04:18 PM
T. Bob

FUSSION
I saw that too, I've been busted

I'll keep you guys posted on this new Fliton Inspire 60 at $239.00, she's pricey but if she flies well and holds together I'll be happy.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Word
Old 10-25-2006, 04:23 PM
fun_fly_3D

FUSSION
I saw that too, I've been busted

I'll keep you guys posted on this new Fliton Inspire 60 at $239.00, she's pricey but if she flies well and holds together I'll be happy.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Word
we won't hold our breath! i knew you got a kick out of making an ass of yourself! I got one out of watching you!
Old 10-25-2006, 04:46 PM
budshobby

T. Bob: I say you are right on. I feel all the people dissing you are the ones being unreasonable. So, WHAT IS WRONG WITH LETTING EVERYONE KNOW WHEN YOU GET A LEMON? It's great that OMP promised to step up and provide support (though what this support is, Mike left it very vague. Refund? Return?). To get a decent quality product for the price you paid should be expected. To provide support for a lemon is NOT going beyond basic customer service, and does NOT take away your right to still spread the word about a lousy product. If a vendor is free to spread the word that their plane is the best thing under the sun, why shouldn't customer be free to tell the truth when they get a lemon? In fact I see several people have had similar problems, so it's not like your problem is totally unique.

The way I see it, people going to OMP's defence are either friends of OMP, or "competing" vendors, neither of whom are objective third parties. As far as I can tell, all the truly unaffiliated customers are on your side! I can see why all vendors would have an interest in keeping people quiet and getting people accustom to blaming themselves when a defect is found. For this reason it's good to see you have encouraged other people to speak up about similar problems they had.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:47 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

I still don't see how the plane is a "LEMON"!!!! How can it be after being flown for 2 months? T. Bob, do just fly in circles, you know the "pattern"? If your plane was such a lemonk, it would not have lasted that long.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:02 PM
georgec

I have spent more time on RCU in the last few days than I have in a long time. I just have to keep coming back to see what this idiot will post next. That would be you Joe Bob, T Bob, Plumbob or what every you call yourself.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:20 PM
t_driver

ORIGINAL: budshobby

T. Bob: I say you are right on. I feel all the people dissing you are the ones being unreasonable. So, WHAT IS WRONG WITH LETTING EVERYONE KNOW WHEN YOU GET A LEMON? It's great that OMP promised to step up and provide support (though what this support is, Mike left it very vague. Refund? Return?). To get a decent quality product for the price you paid should be expected. To provide support for a lemon is NOT going beyond basic customer service, and does NOT take away your right to still spread the word about a lousy product. If a vendor is free to spread the word that their plane is the best thing under the sun, why shouldn't customer be free to tell the truth when they get a lemon? In fact I see several people have had similar problems, so it's not like your problem is totally unique.

The way I see it, people going to OMP's defence are either friends of OMP, or "competing" vendors, neither of whom are objective third parties. As far as I can tell, all the truly unaffiliated customers are on your side! I can see why all vendors would have an interest in keeping people quiet and getting people accustom to blaming themselves when a defect is found. For this reason it's good to see you have encouraged other people to speak up about similar problems they had.
WELL SAID
If you have trouble with a plane you should be able to tell everyone about it .Not to try and hurt a company but to try and fix it but as soon as you do it was you and could not have been the plane ...
Old 10-25-2006, 06:25 PM
t_driver

ORIGINAL: mrbigg

I still don't see how the plane is a "LEMON"!!!! How can it be after being flown for 2 months? T. Bob, do just fly in circles, you know the "pattern"? If your plane was such a lemonk, it would not have lasted that long.
As for the 2 months You every think he might have flown it once a week for that 2 months that would be only 8 flights . Falls apart in 8 flights is it a LEMON?
Old 10-25-2006, 07:00 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

It didn't fly pattern or F3A or even sport. If flew just like every other profile plane, 3D all the time. I screwed up and believed the hype.

Fusions are very expensive for the quality of plane you receive and a profile is always a profile.

I guess after flying large gas planes over the years it's hard to go back down.

TBob, even I am getting amused now at your comments. I don't think any serious Pro Bro would agree with your statement above "a profile is always a profile". The Fusions fly pattern and IMAC sequences far better than any other profile out there or maybe folks like Andrew "Animal" Jesky just don't know what they are talking about. Guess what, I do fly giant scale IMAC (35% and 40%) and flew 60 size pattern 25 years ago as well. Maybe you need more practice? I don't mean to offend but you are just flat wrong here.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:08 PM
DFWS
My Feedback: (8)

Well said BudsHobby, I think you read between all the lines and figured what this thread is about!
In the Clubhouse Forum many people ask "Why is there never a bad article or product review
In any of the magazines???" If the internet, i.e. RCU is to be the new R/C Magazine we should know
when a manufacturer makes a good product and everyone loves it and also a bad product that a few
people dislike before we spend our hard earned dollars $$$

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_34..._1/key_/tm.htm

WORD UP

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39663.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	548082   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14241.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	548083   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48808.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	548084  
Old 10-25-2006, 09:13 PM
budshobby

Well we should thank T-Bob. There are finally a few other people who dares to stepped up in his defence. A forum is suppose to be neutral, but around here you can't say a negative thing about a popular company without getting your rear-end handed to you. T-Bob went the extra mile and provided all those pictures for everyone to see, I guess that should at least convince a few people who are getting this plane thinking this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I actually think the Fusion is an interesting concept. But still, a wing that failed in flight is hard to fluff over, and we all know how much Chinacote sucks.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:20 PM
fun_fly_3D

Just curious, but why do you really care about 180 dollars that much? if you fly gassers and set them up properly, you have over that tied up in two servos. i have a 27% katana with ds8411 all around except throttle, and it came out to about 1400 all up ready to fly. so to get a plane and get 2 months of flying out of 190 dollars it doesn't seem that bad. and also ocasionally you will get a lemon and if you are afraid of spending 180 or 190 for an airplane then maybe this hobby is not for you. also every time you fly you risk that investment. this all boils down to $h!t happens!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.