Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

x-box landing gear ideas?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

x-box landing gear ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 10:14 PM
PLANEBENDER
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default x-box landing gear ideas?

Yea I know, What landing gear. Hey man it's a X- BOX and they don't need any. Well I would like to have the opition to have something there (Just-in-case) the motor is too rich or lean to hover to the tail. My X-BOX is just as shown in the photo by Dave Mcdonald with 4 equil sides, So the gear has to be like 3ft long to give the plane some attitude for runway liftoff. Thanks....BENDER
Old 01-22-2003, 11:07 PM
hoverit-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I read at hoverbatics.com that it had 3 inch gear off the back, how about wire loop kinda thing from about 2 inches below the motor(when upright) on each of the 4 fins so if t falls over or has to be landed horizontally the prop wont hit, it would rest on any 2 wire loop thingy's, be kinda weird if it was on it's so called side then try to take off using rudder and up or down elevator lol.
I cannot get to that site anymore so guess I'll just have to design my own with a mvvs .40
Old 01-23-2003, 12:34 AM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

Is there any benefit in the "fuselage" being so tall? If not, maybe you could try a new variation which has 6 inch fuse on top and bottom. Still big, so it can retain some of its unique character, but more practical for landing gear.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:00 AM
stevezero
My Feedback: (11)

send an email to wingspan99 on here. He runs hoverbatics.com, and is having "issues" with the webhosting company. He can give you the specifics on the landing gear, which he made from carbon rods.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:24 AM
hoverit-RCU

How do you set up the mixing on that thing?
Old 01-23-2003, 07:02 AM
PLANEBENDER
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default made it happen!

[COLOR=limegreen]Thanks for the ideas guys! What I did is ran 3 cf rods up from the bottom and left 1 flute empty between them, then I used the factory Sledge 540 landing gear that did not get used about 2in from the bottom I ran (2) 6.32 screws through the core plast and tightened the heck out of it and the plane sits up in the front with a wire skid in the back. As far as dialing the raido in ,I mixed the 2 rudder servos using rudder and gear, then I also ran 2 more mixes so when I flip the landing switch all 4 controls go the same direction. (can you say ROLL RATE) Well we will see tomorrow as I intend to give her a try. I will keep anyone interested posted..... BENDER
Old 01-24-2003, 02:09 AM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Bender,
Glad to hear your X-Box is ready to test fly! Can't wait to hear the results.

hoverit,
The main wing uses Elevon mixing.

The top rudder is mixed into the bottom rudder (channel 5), along with the rudder trim. This mix is always on and is not switchable.

Aileron is then mixed into the top rudder channel, and also the bottom rudder channel. This mix is switchable, but I rarely turn it off. At first, I didn't mix the aileron trim into the rudders, but later changed my mind and did mix the aileron trim with the rudders.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:21 PM
hoverit-RCU

cool thanks.