Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

NJ One Design

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 06:45 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: NJ One Design

Frank

We had a fun race. Had 5 NJ's show up to race, but one fellow crashed his before the heat races started and another NJ flyer flyer had to rush home for a personal matter. So we ended up with 8 racers, and 3 out of the 8 were NJ Ones. I was doing quite well and was easily in place to get 1st place for the day...however when I flew my last heat race I actually flew too fast against the stop watch and broke out. Break out means that I actually went too fast my last heat race since we fly a handicap type pylon event where consistancy is more important than all out speed. Anyhow it was a good time regardless and one NJ One managed to make the top three finishers. We just missed the rain today, and it looked this morning that it was going north of us and maybe following I-80 and then some to the south and west. So it sounds that you may have gotten some rain up your way, but curious to hear if you managed to maiden that NJ One today?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:01 AM
SKYHI1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ckangaroo,

It sounds like you had a good race. Glad to hear you guys had some fun.
Yeah it rained up here. It is always raining up here. If it isn't raining it is very windy. It has not been what I would call a nice spring.
I am going this morning to the club. I am bring my new in the box "NJOne Design" for it first flight. I don't think there will be any probs. I have a trusted Magnum engine on the nose. I am also bring my "Sig Something Extra". It also has a Magnum on it XL.53 this also is a sweet engine.
I have tried a variety of engines, and I am becoming a devoted Magnum fan.
I will let you know how the first flight goes. I want to get there early before a traffic pattern developes.

Frank
Old 06-14-2009, 04:07 PM
SKYHI1

Hi,

Well I have to say you guys were really right! This is a great flying little plane!
I put three flights on my NJ One Designs and each one was better than the last. Ailerons are sensitive. I' am glad I trimmed 1/4" off the ailerons Vs what the plans called for. It likes to float in. We had a stiff SE wind and it would fload gently in for a landing. Rolls are axial. I like that big rudder. It does a sweet hammerhead. I definetely like this plane alot. It flies better than my Sig Something Extra. It flies as good as "The Hots".

Frank

Old 06-14-2009, 07:56 PM
ckangaroo70

Frank

Glad to hear the maiden went well. You are sure right about the lousey Illinois weather this spring...however I think we are way overdue for some good weather for a change. So perhaps it will be an awesome late summer and fall. I knew you would be happy to find that the rudder is very effective on the NJ One. I  actually think it may be capable of a knife edge loop even though I have not attempted that one yet. Congrats on the succesful maiden!
Old 06-22-2009, 05:07 PM
SKYHI1

I had my NJOne Design out on Sunday. We had almost no wind here for a change. I put four flighs on it. I love this plane. I am glad you guys talked me into building this. With the Magnum XLS.46 I have an APC 11x 5 prop and it move out pretty well. But with this prop I am having a ball with verticals, loops, Cuban 8's. Flying inverted is no big deal. The plane makes me look good. I am changing my flying style. I am not flying as fast as last year and I am trying more acro's. This plane is perfect for it. When I want to bring it in it just almost comes in by itself.

Thanks,
Frank

Old 06-22-2009, 07:06 PM
ckangaroo70

Frank

Glad to hear you getting some flying time in on the NJ One. I am either going to have to put floats on mine or tie a string on it and fly it like a kite.LOL It sounds like you are finding out what we have found, and that is that the more you fly it.....the more it grows on you. Hope you have some more good flying days ahead.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:21 AM
ckangaroo70

Been awhile since I posted here, but thought I would throw up a photo of my newest NJ One I just finished building. This is the fourth one I have built over the last few years. The first two had a GMS 40 on the nose and the third one I built for a friend. This particular one should be ballistic and then some with a new JBA 56 I have hung on the nose. Should be fun!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57264.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1572282   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49722.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1572283  
Old 03-02-2011, 11:56 AM
SKYHI1

Ckangaroo70,

That is a very nice NJ One Design you have there. I like the scalloped ailerons. They are cool, but must have been a handful to cover. I still have mine. I think this will be the third season coming up. Greatest flying plane I ever had. I have a Magnum Xl52 on it. I really love the four stroke on this plane. It was always sensitive landing , especially on windy days. The four stroke helped to take it in easier. Also gives me fantastic vertical.

Glad to see you still like yours.

Frank
Old 03-02-2011, 12:57 PM
ckangaroo70

Glad to hear you are still enjoying your NJ One as well Frank. Last year we had several guys still flying them. I'll bet that little Mag 52 4 stroke is sweet on that NJ One. Now if spring would just hurry up.....I could get out to the field for a maiden flight on my new one.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:35 PM
SKYHI1

Kanga,

I was kind of looking at the weather 10 day forecast myself, thinking it may be flying weather in a couple of weeks. Perhaps, this year's weather will cooperate a little more than we had last year. Here in Illinois it is a cold wet spring usually.

Frank
Old 03-19-2011, 12:59 PM
SKYHI1

I got a chance to fly my NJ One Design yesterday. It was the first time this year. I love this plane. I have more confidence when flying this plane than anything else that I own.

It is always a pleasure to fly it.
Thanks
Frank