Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

GP Fun One set up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:26 AM
Thumprding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Fun One set up?

Hello all, I am close to completing construction of a GP fun one. I had the kit setting around for about 10 years and decided to pull it out and assemble it. This is my first fun fly and as such I am curious about the set up.

Here are my plans so far for set up.
Engine (Thunder Tiger GP42 or Super Tigre G34 I have both and both weigh about the same and fit on the same mount an so forth. To me it is a flip of quarter which one to use)
Radio (JR 6 channel computer, PCM)
Indepdent aliron servos.

From reading the radio information I have the capability to mix the elevator with the aliron and also set the aliron differential. Okay I have flaperons but is that a wise move with this plane? Lastly any suggestions on set up or modifications to the design would be appreciated.

Thank you

Curtis.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:04 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GP Fun One set up?

I'm not familiar with JR systems...I fly Futaba..........but, I think you need to activate the flaperons if you're running 2 ail servos. Also, I would not set-up the elev-ail mixing........you don't need the extra aggravation.

Now after it's maiden flight, and you find a need for it....go for it!! Mount the Thunder Tigre.no extra weight...but a little extra power!!

Good Luck...keep us posted.........