Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Team OMP Presents the Boxxer ARF!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:26 PM
lemmerjo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Team OMP Presents the Boxxer ARF!

I got my Boxxer Arf from Great Hobbies about a month and a half ago. First thing was sealing and tightening the covering. After that was finished, my dad and I started the construction. We worked on it about 2 hours in the evening nost days for about 2 weeks. We took our time on this plane but found that everything went together very easily. Everything fit togther nicely and getting the incidents on the top wing was no problem. I made new linkages all around, and did not use the stock horns.

My setup is
Boxxer Arf
Saito 82
Omega 15% fuel
5 cell 2300mah ni-cd battery pack
Hitec 635 Karbonites on surfaces
Hitec HS 81 on throttle
Hitec Super Slim reciever

I taxied out to the runway and raised the throttle. The Boxxer took off and tracked straight and smoothly. I did a few circuits, and came in for an approach. The landing waas super slow and easy, the thing comes in like a feather. When I landed, my dad noticed that my tank was almost empty. We leaned the motor a bit and re-fueled. On the second flight, i tried some basic maneuvers, which the Boxxer does with ease. Rolls are great, and loops are big and round. On high rates, this plane is wild. Rolls are super fast and loops can be pulled into backflips. On the 3rd flight, i tried some rolling harriers into the breeze. The plane stood still as it rolled on a 45 degree angle. Knife edges with this plane have little or no pitch or roll coupling, and require very little input even on low rates. Inverted and upright spins are great, along with snaps and blenders. On my last flight i was easily doing torque rolls down the runway.

The Boxxer ARF is a great 3D plane. I would definately recommend it. I will try to get some video if the weather permits tomorrow.

Joe
Old 09-09-2007, 03:57 PM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the report Joe. It's good to hear back from customers from time to time. We know what we think of the Boxxer, but it's better to know what you guys think.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:01 PM
lemmerjo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

TailTwister,

The only concern I had was weight. My Boxxer weighed 5.5 lbs on our analog scale. Im not sure this scale is anywhere near accurate but I am curious as to whether you did anything to save a lot of weight.

I had my Boxxer out again yesterday. Again, all I can say is WOW! This thing is amazing!

Thanks Joe
Old 09-10-2007, 07:19 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Joe for the good report as well. I doubt your Boxxer is 5.5 lbs. That would be extremely heavy for this bird however your battery I'm sure is adding a ton of weight. Switch to a 900-1200 Nimh pack and dump the heavy Nicad.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:22 AM
TailTwister

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

5.5 is pretty bad. I'd suspect the scale.

Mine was bone stock right out of the box. In the months since, I've put Teatherites on it and lost the spinner, but that's it.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:39 PM
lemmerjo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Crashed my Boxxer today. After 4 good flights, I went up, and about half way through the flight, I did a big turn to come down the runway, and the plane went into a spin. It did about 3 big circles before it hit. It went in pretty hard, and it looks like its not going to be repairable since above the bottom wing, the fuse is creased, and everything is twisted. The cause of the crash is unknown, but we have ruled out battery failure. Now my next question is, what to get next for my Saito 82. The Boxxer was a great plane, but I would like something a bit easier to build, and easier to travel with.

Joe
Old 09-16-2007, 01:42 PM
TailTwister

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mojo ARF?