Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Bad Boy V2 US distributer?

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Bad Boy V2 US distributer?

Old 03-20-2007, 10:37 PM
paulsen
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bad Boy V2 US distributer?

Your not gonna find a more unbiased opinion than that any place else, you gotta love the RCU.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:37 PM
paulsen

Hey Ken,

Did you, or do you plan on getting your Badboy flying again? I am also very curious weather or not you balance your prop's before you use them, after a minor prop strike, or if you adjusted your valves? I know that during the earlly phases of break in when the motor is still being run quite rich the motor has very violent vibration's during throttle transition due to the engine "loading up", I was wondering if you break in your engine in flight? I know alot of guy's that break in motors that way at my club, and it's fine but it may have contributed to the damage of your frame.

I would just like to know more about what happend, or if anyone else has ever had problem's with a Saito 82 or any other engines for that matter on the Badboy? I know AerofunDan has flown the hell outta his Badboy with an OS 70 with no problems, and judging from the video's it looks like his planes really get put to the test!
Old 03-22-2007, 05:18 AM
wessco
My Feedback: (7)

What, no YS .63?
Old 03-22-2007, 05:32 AM
Ken Bryant
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry it took a few to get back to this, Yes I balanced the prop. I could say more on my opinions on the BB V2 but the fact is I now fly the same engine in a MoJo and have been loving the mojo. MoJo has 50-60 flights on it, fell from 15 feet and it's still solid as a rock. I must pat the builder of my MoJo on the back. ME

I gave the BadBoy away not wanting to deal with it.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:20 AM
paulsen

ORIGINAL: wessco

What, no YS .63?
LOL, no the question was about Ken's Saito 82 Badboy experiance wessco.

Thank's for replying back Ken, Glad to hear you found a good home for your 82. I have seen the construction photo's of the Mojo's and they look like state of the art design/material airplanes. I still plan on getting my self one of these Bad boy's with a YS 63 I have seen many happy BB owner's, I will make a point of coming back and posting on my experiance after I have had time to wring it out pretty good.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:51 AM
paulsen

Has anyone ever cut off the wing tip's on there Badboy? It seem's to me that it might settle into rolling harrier's a bit more without the tip's. I am not on the same level as alot of the bad ass 3D pilot's in here but I will get some footage of the Badboy less tip's posted in here some time (don't hold your breath it could be awhile).
Old 03-26-2007, 01:36 AM
paulsen

LOL, I just watched AerofunDan's 4-stroke video and it look's like he beat me to the punch. The Badboy look's like it does settle into the rolling harrier's much better the video without the tip's. I can't believe I never noticed there were no tip's on that vid before.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:23 PM
aerofundan

ORIGINAL: paulsen

LOL, I just watched AerofunDan's 4-stroke video and it look's like he beat me to the punch. The Badboy look's like it does settle into the rolling harrier's much better the video without the tip's. I can't believe I never noticed there were no tip's on that vid before.
LOL, its really your choice!, both way it flys really good, and you can compare them in the videos, if you like the wingtips leave them, if you don't like them take them off, its really easy, and you could also be real careful when cutting them, and then if sometime later you decide to reuse them, you can just glue them back!

http://www.aerofun3d.com/videos/BB1.wmv Badboy with wingtips

http://www.aerofun3d.com/videos/fgvcglow_aerofundan.wmv without wingtips