Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Aeroworks Extra 300L profile Problems!!

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Aeroworks Extra 300L profile Problems!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 12:38 AM
SNAFU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeroworks Extra 300L profile Problems!!

Just unpacked it there is no manual showing the throws or C.G. if anyone knows would you let me know. Also what's up with the CA hinges, more to come I'm sure...
Old 03-04-2003, 04:22 PM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

I'm surprised how many people get this plane and worry about the throws. Either alot of people, who is not really into the kind of flying this plane is designed for get it, or owners just worry to much. Anybody who's into these planes and this kind of flying knows, that you basically set it to as much throw as possible with expo. Low rate can be 3/4" to 1" both ways on elevator, and around 50% on ailerons and rudder. CA hinges have held up rather well for me, I just make sure I check them before flying.
DKjens
Old 03-04-2003, 09:35 PM
SNAFU

Default Profile

Yea your correct I just spent five hours without the book and it's almost done. I will use the CA pro hinges from radio south. First fun fly actually been flying jets and 29% AW edge. Putting a BME 44 per AW now that I have it probably way to much power but there is always the rubber band on the stick idea....They are sending the manual anyway.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:50 PM
bzrogers
My Feedback: (7)

What Engine and servos are you using in this plane?

How about a flight report when you have one.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:19 AM
Jim Flannigan

Moki 2.10
JR 4721's all around
6v power
Old 03-05-2003, 12:22 AM
SNAFU

Default profile

BME 44 20x10 menz s JR ds8411 on rudder and elev and ds8231 on ail. Mostly because I have them. If it will quite raining I will test it next week we are soaked here. Plane looks to be built well but don't think you can horse it around to much low and slow is all she will go without breaking something.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:46 AM
Rocket
My Feedback: (4)

Default snafu

do you fly at the lanie rd, field
Old 03-05-2003, 03:38 AM
Gadgetman-RCU

Default I Fly at Lannie Road and Markham Park

When I was stationed down in Miami, I flew all the time at Markham Park.

I'm stationed now in Jacksonville FL and fly at Lannie Road and occassionally at the city dump.

SNAFU,
I hope you like the plane, Buddy!

Darren
Attached Images  
Old 03-06-2003, 01:36 AM
SNAFU

Default Aeroworks extra 300L profile

Yes I fly with Gadgetman. I lived in west palm beach from 82 until 95 worked for Motorola. Do you know Robbie in Ft laud. at the hobby store? Anyway got the manual and wow so much for the free hardware kit. It tells you to get rid of the tail wheel I was suppose to have two sets of struts but only got one probably the one they are having problems with and just don't use the hinges or fuel tank tubing or fittings, way to small. But got the half wings on and ver and hor stabs, find out next week how she handle's. may have to put on float's first very wet up here.

Randi
Old 03-11-2003, 06:34 PM
SNAFU

Default Profile first flight

First flight today uneventful but it did bend the motor side landing gear. The instructions called for two types of gear to be shipped i only received one. When I called to get the second better gear they just told me to try what I had so much for the gear.

No acrobatics yet the field is soaked so just went up and landed. With low rates needs a little more elevator to flair that gets it flying, as soon as I can I will go for it let you know..