Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Houston, we have a problem.

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Houston, we have a problem.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 02:37 AM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston, we have a problem.

See that fence, my property ends there, I only have about 3/4 acre. I wish it went on back like the picture might make you think. I wanted to buy that when it was for sale but I do not own a bank and it would have taken one. I have earned my trip to Houston, I wish it were not so far but hey you only live once.
Jeff Williams
Old 03-05-2003, 03:05 AM
Billy Hell
My Feedback: (2)

I feel that you only need to own the land you take off and land on. Knowing your skills I'd say you are fine.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:14 PM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

Originally posted by JWilliams
I am still on CH 21 and will not change before Houston. At least with you on it I know it is not a bad frequency. Are you allowing any 35% planes? I might bring my big cap but doubt we will have room. But just in case. I had the last piece of the puzzle fall into place today, my transmitter showed up from repair so that is good. Yes Ulf I am bringing lots of carbon fiber gear. In fact I have new carbon fiber gear to fit the aeroworks extra profile as soon as they approve it. It will also fit the OMP edge and Morris giant sudo and new Yak 54 profile. Jeff Williams
Normally we won't allow the Scale planes. There are so many events for those type of planes, that we decided to exclude them for our fly in. But since you will be also flying profiles, just bring it along. We won't say no once it is sitting there. Only if you promise to put up a good show with it.
Yep Channel 21 has no problems at our field. Actually none of them has. I am sure we will have no problems sharing the channel.
Lots of CF gear is good. Will specially need one of the large ones for my Aeroworks.

Jeff, do you actually fly in your backyard ?
Old 03-05-2003, 09:05 PM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

Ulf, that picture does not represent my backyard well. It is actually only 3/4 acre total including what my house sets on. I probably will not have room for the big cap but thanks for keeping the option open. Right now I am bringing two sledges, 40 size raven I had at Memphis and the ecstasy. Jeff W.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:06 AM
hover_geek

Looks like a good place to plant balsa scraps. Who knows next spring ya might have a big enough tree to build a plane.