Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

doghousesmith

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 12:06 AM
CHassan
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default doghousesmith

Thanks for the plane. Or at least the design. Flew my modified doghouse last weekend and tonight. Still getting it all set up but it's a blast to fly. Running a old OS .61 on it and has unlimited vertical, rolls like mad, I'm still pretty far forward on the CG so knife edge and other 3d stuff is no go, but once I start moving it back I think it will go nuts. Only complaint is there is a lot of roll coulping with rudder. Might be the modifications but, I can live with it.

I just wanted to say thanks for giving us great flying plane
Old 04-17-2003, 03:57 PM
xlr82v2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default doghousesmith

CHassan,

What mods did you do to your Doghouse?

I'm building a Doghouse eXtreme right now, and going to power it with a Super Tigre G90. That oughta do it!!! :bananahea

What servos are you using?
Old 04-17-2003, 08:16 PM
CHassan

Default doghousesmith

I recieved the plane in a trade. It's basically modified to a doghouse extreame. The ail are different though. Tapered 3 1/2" to 3", other than that I think eerything is the same. I've only flown it on one nice day. The other days have been very windy. I started with the CG about 1/2 inch behind the main spar. Moved it to about an inch but with the wind cant tell what differance it made. Also added some rudder throw. I don't know what the throws are at now I am using the "That looks about right" methode of measuring.

A 90 should take it from a hover to 60+ mph straight up in under 2.3 seconds. All in all you should have a blast with it. I will most likely try and lighten mine up sometime soon. It's been repaired and rebuilt a little heavy I think.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:06 PM
doghousesmith

Default doghousesmith

Hi Guys,
Let me know how you like the Doghouse eXtremes with the 2 strokes in them. I have only seen a couple fly with them as all mine and everyone I built for others have had either Saito .91's or .100's in them. To me that is the ultimate combo. I like the extra pulling power of the 4 strokes.
Dick Smith (designer of the Doghouse eXtreme)
Old 04-18-2003, 12:31 PM
xlr82v2
My Feedback: (1)

Default doghousesmith

Doghousesmith,

Will do!

Next step is to build the hatch over the fuel tank... so that's where I'm at now.

I'm at home all day today due to some kind of flu bug or something, so hopefully I can get the wings built today too...

So far, very easy build. Laser cutting is wonderful!!! This is my first laser cut kit. It almost makes it too easy
Old 04-18-2003, 02:10 PM
CHassan

Default 2strokers

Although I would prefer a 4stroke in it, with my old OS 61 fs verticall is unlimited. Not messed with props much. running a 12x6 I think. pulling verticall from a stand still is possible. It does not go like a rocket but there is no doubt it goes.
I'm going to play around with some different props if I can get a better day, last 2 days I've flown the wind has been at least 25 mph with gust much higher. Gets hard to tell how the plane is flying