Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Yard Dart

Old 02-26-2008, 07:21 PM
reincarnate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yard Dart

Ran across an old Direct Connection Yard Dart II competition fun fly kit at the LHS. Can't find much documentation anyplace, (a few mentions on RCU) but I'm just wondering how it flies, performs, etc. Anyone still flying one?
Old 03-01-2008, 07:14 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default RE: Yard Dart

It would be amazing if anyone is still flying the Dart.
I flew one in comp fun fly years ago.
It was a good contender at the time, and flew well for what it was designed to do.

If you want to tool around it'll be fine, but it's not a sport flyer type of plane.
From what I remember, you don't want to use full throttle much unless you're going up.

It has a CF boom doesn't it?
Old 03-01-2008, 10:21 AM
reincarnate

Yup. Carbon fiber boom, birch profile fuse, and bicycle gear. I only bought it because I found it buried under a pile of dust at the LHS. Tag had marked down price of $50 on it and owner let me have it for $30. I'm always up for one you don't see every day, and it looks like this one may one of those!

Our club does fun fly competitions about three or four times a year. The Dart will be a nostalgic entry for a couple of guys.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:41 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Have fun with it [8D]
Old 03-15-2008, 07:21 PM
reincarnate

Here's the plane finished, except for linkages. Obviously deviated from the Yard Dart theme, but the plane is the same.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16346.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	904251   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj25893.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	904252  
Old 03-16-2008, 08:13 PM
idoxlr8-RCU
My Feedback: (17)

We'll you certainly reincarnated that one. That looks really cool the way you finished it. I have three of these still in the box. I might have to open one up and build one now. Thanks, I really need a new project now!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:03 AM
hemiflyer1
My Feedback: (2)

I had a Baby Dart back in the early 90's. Had a OS .15 on it.  It was so much fun, I'm gonna build another one. My son was talking about it and I told him I thought I still had the plans for one so...we're gonna build 2 from scratch. The plans have seen better days, but they'll work. 
Old 02-17-2012, 05:29 PM
philfun
My Feedback: (58)

Hi Hemmi,
What span was the Baby Dart?
Thanks
Old 10-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Moodystarbuck

Default Baby Dart

Originally Posted by philfun
Hi Hemmi,
What span was the Baby Dart?
Thanks
I just joined and seen these older threads. If it is the same kit that was manufactured by AmericanAero the span on the baby dart is 36" the yard dart is 48 and I still own both. truth be known i am friends with the man that manufactured the kits and I also worked for him for a while making the kits. He still has all the jigs and such for the baby dart, yard dart and the one that is bigger yet and uses a 60 size motor. the baby dart i use a fox 15 and on the yard dart i use an enya 35. Tommy could build a yard dart with a total weight of 3lb. mine was 3lb and 4oz. Have a great day!