Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Jason's Model Concepts EXHILA

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Jason's Model Concepts EXHILA

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 02:21 PM
Randy-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jason's Model Concepts EXHILA

Hi di Ho

Anyone flying a Exhila out there,, I like to no what batteries and what motor you are running if so.

I had a heart attack when I found out the price of a Hacker Motor

Randy
Old 05-23-2003, 04:38 PM
contempo
My Feedback: (20)

Default Exhila

I am not flying mine yet. I bought one from Jason after I saw him fly one at Joe Nall. I plan to run a Hacker B20 18L w/ 4:1 gearbox. You are correct, that little purple power ain't cheap. Jason was flying his with that motor and 1900mAh Li-Poly batteries. Those aren't cheap either! But They fly it quite well. It's like a .46 size profile reduced to a 30" wingspan plane that you can take anywhere. The instructions say you can fly it on a geared speed 400 motor and 7 350mAh nimh cells. The front of the fuse would take some modification to accept that motor though.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:41 PM
Randy-RCU

Yea I was at JN.. I had to deliver JMC decals

Jason gave me one when I got there. I hope he gave you some decals<G>

Here let me post the ones I put on my own today on the wing.. sorry but the pic is not the greatest

Randy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	80866_1823.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	47708  
Old 05-23-2003, 06:42 PM
Randy-RCU

second pic

Name:	80867_1823.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	47709  
Old 05-23-2003, 06:43 PM
contempo

Default Decals?

Didn't know he had them.
Old 05-24-2003, 01:46 PM
Azarr

Default Re: Jason's Model Concepts EXHILA

Originally posted by Randy
Hi di Ho

Anyone flying a Exhila out there,, I like to no what batteries and what motor you are running if so.

I had a heart attack when I found out the price of a Hacker Motor

Randy
I bought one at Joe Nall also, the Hacker B20's are hard to come by at the moment, you might also conssider a Mega 16/15/7 direct drive with a 11 x 4.7 slow flyer prop and 8 KAN 950 cells, should be pretty equal to what Jason's flying with the Hacker and 3 LiPoly's. The Mega is only aroung $75 - $80 and no gear box to fool with.

Azarr
ecubedrc.com
Old 05-24-2003, 05:15 PM
NavyFlyer
My Feedback: (8)

Heya Randy,

This is Tram from the chat. I wasn't thinking when I picked this name on here soo... Anyway, You might really want to look at the Razor 350 instead of the Hacker.. Depending on what the EXHILA is supposed to weigh.. I am flying a Tantrum what weighs 12 oz with the etec's.. ~15.6 oz on 9-950 KAN's.. On the KAN's i'm getting ~12 minutes of flying.. On 3 Etec 1200's with C gearing and a 12x6 prop, I'm getting over 20 minutes of flying time on a Tantrum..

Anyway, I reccomend the Razor motors.. I think they're going to make Hacker a little nervous.. If they haven't already..

You might also want to check out some of Charlie's Thunder Power cells.. They're supposed to be a bit better than the Etec's but I haven't gotten to fly with them yet... The heli guy's are eating them up though..

Jeff
Old 05-26-2003, 12:37 AM
flyboy91
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys,

I just got done flying my plane for the first time. It took me 4 hrs from box to flying. I launched into a hover and stayed there for the entire pack. This plane rocks. It was rock solid hover. I did it in my unused space in my back yard about 10x5 and it was so sweet. I am using a B20 15L. with 9 Hecells.This is only because that is what was in my Extreme team suk 31. Well i got to go and hover some more packs.

Andrew
Old 05-26-2003, 10:46 AM
stomper

Default Hey Jeff

Do you by chance have the web site for Razor motors?
TIA

Doug
Old 05-26-2003, 05:45 PM
Dylwad
My Feedback: (11)

Default Re: Hey Jeff

Originally posted by stomper
Do you by chance have the web site for Razor motors?
TIA

Doug
www.razormotors.com
www.castlerc.com
www.parkflyermotors.com
www.azarr.com

to name a few
Dylan
Old 05-26-2003, 05:59 PM
stomper

Default Hey Dylan

I do appreciate it !

Doug
Old 06-13-2003, 08:34 PM
Randy-RCU

Hi Again

I have my rec and servo on the way from Airtronics<of course> for my plane

Dave at RadicalRC is about to send me a hacker 18L and a speed control..

Question, what Nihm batteries do I need for Dave to send?????

My 100cc DA size airplane was easier to figure out then these darn electrics

Randy
Old 06-13-2003, 09:23 PM
tailspnr
My Feedback: (1)

Anybody seen the new Vertigo coming out by Radical RC? I saw Frank Knoll flying one last weekend at our airshow and had to have one. This little plane does some excellant 3D on a $38 motor. And they are running them on Lithium 3 cell batteries and getting 3+ 10 minute flights. Ive priced everything and depending on the charger you go with you can have one put together for well under $300 including the charger, servos, motor and reviever/speedcontroller.

Unfortunately Radical hasent released them yet so they arent on the website.But they will let you place an order. They told me it should be shipped in about 2 weeks...that was on Monday.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:00 PM
sukhoipilot
My Feedback: (4)

Ok guys WHERE can I get an Exhila? I have emailed Jason twice now and recieved no reply and i cant find anything online except his website and the posts here on RCU about the plane.
Thanks for any help.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:23 PM
Randy-RCU

Email Jason again, He might be back logged

You have to remember he was over in Polland flying at the worlds all last week and he might or might not be home yet

I will forward this link to Jason myself

Randy

Originally posted by sukhoipilot
Ok guys WHERE can I get an Exhila? I have emailed Jason twice now and recieved no reply and i cant find anything online except his website and the posts here on RCU about the plane.
Thanks for any help.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:51 PM
contempo

Default Jason's Model Concepts Website

Jason's website has been inactive for a couple of weeks now. There is a picture of the Exhila on the front page, but none of the links are working. I really really like my Exhila and I need to get another one (or 2 or 3).
Old 08-20-2003, 06:39 PM
sukhoipilot

Thanks randy I would greatly appreciate it if you'd forward it to Jason I really want to get one up and flying soon, I was unaware he was in polland my email is [email protected].
Old 08-20-2003, 08:58 PM
Randy-RCU

I don't no if it is coming with these graphics yet but I have made these for jason and myself

Name:	103243_1823.gif
Views:	14
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	47710  
Old 08-22-2003, 02:00 PM
sukhoipilot

Well its been 7 days and 2 emails to Jason and no reply, I understand that he is busy and has been away but if I left my customers hanging for a week without so much as a "I am tied up, get back to you soon" they would go somewhere else.
Dont get me wrong Jason is a great guy but hell if your gonna be busy at least have someone answer your mails for you.
Is Jason the only place i can get an Exhila from? or does he have anyone distributing for him?
Old 08-22-2003, 02:14 PM
rcman84341
My Feedback: (3)

Hey sukhoipilot
I don't know what's going on with Jason I know he was at the Worlds last weekend were he placed 6th (I think) with an elec. plane
I didn't a have abit of trouble getting my Exhila from him
You may try http://www.aero-model.com/ He has been working very close with the Hacker guys and I hear that there going to start selling this plane
Good luck
David Olsen
Old 08-22-2003, 02:17 PM
jon595
My Feedback: (2)

Give the guy a break, he was in Poland at the World F3A Championships.
Old 08-22-2003, 03:55 PM
sukhoipilot

Like I said I am not hammering on the guy, but if you are gonna sell a product, especially one thats going to be in demand you need to contact people when they try and buy something from you.
In no way shape or form am I trying to say something negative about jason because as I said he's a great guy.
I just feel that in a market where there are other kits for sale, regardless of where you are at you need to reply to your customers, I could easily go buy something else BUT I want Jasons Airplane, I am sure that he will reply to me when he has time, I was just hoping he maybe had someone distributing for him so I could just go purchase it.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:34 PM
JAS

Default Here's the scoop (below)

see below
Old 08-22-2003, 09:46 PM
JAS

Default Jason's/JMC story

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delays in responding to your 2 e-mails. I offer no excuses, just a couple of reasons.

Since June I have been home only 3 weeks.
I just spent the last 18 days in Poland, of which it started off great and turned into a traveler’s nightmare on the return.
Since Aug 1st I've only been home for 3 days, of which, those 3 days I've been in bed sicker than I like.
Today I had to go to court, still sick, and from now on I pack until I move to Phoenix on Wednesday.
I will start working at Hacker/Aero-Model in all likelihood on next Monday, not this Monday as originally planned.
Usually while I am gone my girlfriend will occasionally answer e-mails letting the person know that I am out of town, but since I've been gone for soo long, I told her to just stop cause it was confusing the situations more.
Add to the fact that there are only 15 more Exhila's available for sale at the moment and almost 50 on order. I don't have the financial backing to run JMC the way I want, there for there are talks in progress about bringing in a partner with the financial backing to make JMC the company I know it can/will be in the future. This is the reason the JMC site is down with no information on it. In due time the site and company will be up and running again, but until then (and now that I can have the site updated since it was supposed to be completely removed), I have to go through the previous orders and see who still wants the 15 remaining.

Regards,
Jason
Old 08-23-2003, 03:34 AM
sukhoipilot

Thanks for the reply and as I said I wasnt looking for any excuses just trying to find out if I could get one through a distributer or something, if you end up having a spare plane let me know and I will buy it as soon as I hear from you.
Good luck getting your financial backing and I hope everything works out for the best.