Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

3D and Profile Freaks in the Houston, Texas area…more of yall gotta join us......

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

3D and Profile Freaks in the Houston, Texas area…more of yall gotta join us......

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 03:26 AM
YNOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D and Profile Freaks in the Houston, Texas area…more of yall gotta join us......

Go To post #23 for pics from the 6/14 Hoverfest.

3D and Profile Freaks in the Houston, Texas area……………

This Saturday, May 31 some buddies and I are going to get together in Bay City for a Hover-thon and all of you folks are more than invited to join us.

The field is beautiful grass with plenty of over fly are and is 3D and Hover friendly.

Nothing special, just a good opportunity to fly with some like-minded folks.

I know there is several Pro Bro & Hovermaniacs in Houston, Alvin, Galveston, Katy & several of the other areas, so spend an hour or so in the truck and cruise down to Bay City.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions. [email protected]

The BAMAC Field is located at the fairgrounds, click here for directions
http://www.matagordacountyfair.com/new_page_5.htm
Old 05-30-2003, 01:19 PM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

Default 3D and Profile Freaks in the Houston, Texas area…more of yall gotta join us......

I'll be there.
Old 06-01-2003, 01:28 AM
YNOT

So there were only 4 freaks, Ulf (Texas 3D), Kyle (Hangn-Round), Keith (Big Mac), my son Zane and myself.

We have a great day. Sun was shinning, light breeze to keep the heat off and it was just us.

Ulf brought his Pizza Box and Sudukoi. BTW-those both fit in his new Vette.

Kyle had his 1/4 scale Pitts.

Keith has a Pizza Box and a something 3D, can't remember.

I had the Flip and the Diablo.

And Zane brought his SuperStar 3D.

We played pass the transmitter with Ulf's Sudukoi and the Pizza Box's. Kyle and the Sudukoi seem to get along real well. We did tail touching with Ulf's Pizza Box and closest to the line landings with the SuperStar.

We also had a camera..............
Old 06-01-2003, 01:32 AM
YNOT

Ulf and Kyle flying the Sudukoi.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	82888_15.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	48512  
Old 06-01-2003, 01:35 AM
YNOT

Gators old plane, sold to Ulf, being flown by Kyle.

Name:	82890_15.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	48513  
Old 06-01-2003, 01:39 AM
YNOT

Kyle flying the colors

Name:	82893_15.jpg
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	48514  
Old 06-01-2003, 01:43 AM
YNOT

Me flying Ulf's Pizza Box. We were doing tail touchs on that reel.

Name:	82895_15.jpg
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	48515  
Old 06-01-2003, 01:45 AM
YNOT

YNOT, wins round one.

Name:	82896_15.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	48516  
Old 06-01-2003, 01:49 AM
YNOT

Zane putting together his SuperStar. We played pass the transmitter with it too, however we painted a line in the grass and we tried to touch the mains on the line.

Name:	82898_15.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	48517  
Old 06-01-2003, 01:55 AM
YNOT

Noone took a pic of the Diablo or the Flip flying, however Zane took this pic.

Name:	82905_15.jpg
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	48518  
Old 06-01-2003, 02:03 AM
Gary Seeloff

Man, that PBF looks like it either hit hard or the wind is really blowing.....check out that dihedral.

Looks like a good time, I wish it wasn't so far away.........
Old 06-01-2003, 02:20 AM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

Man the Sud stil looks good in the pics...looks like you guys had a bunch of fun.....Gator
Old 06-01-2003, 03:51 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Ulf in a Vette??
Old 06-01-2003, 01:46 PM
Texas 3D

Originally posted by ChuckAuger
Ulf in a Vette??
It's the need for speed !

We had a real blast yesterday, and I really enjoyed it a lot. Will have to go more often to fly down at Bay City. Took me an hour and quarter to get back (cruising 85 of course in 65 speed limit) , so it isn't too bad if going once or twice a month.
All the guys in this area (and also in the Corpus area) really missed a nice flying day. We even grilled some hot dogs, and I had a few ice cold ones. Ahhhhhhhhhh........
Gator, the Sudo still looks OK in the picture, but I cartwheeled it twice on tail touches yesterday, and now the fuse has another crack in it (think it must be # 3 or 4), plus the aileron is busted on the corner. It is still flying OK, and I will fly it some more today. I will keep fixing it with CA, until it finally gives up. Wing is also loose. But even with all those minor handicaps and besides it is totally stressed out and tank is also loose, it still flies like a champ. Kyle wanted to buy it from me yesterday he loved flying it so much.
That PBF is bend like this because of the wind (look at Kyles pants in the picture). It was gusting some time up pretty high. It could also be bend like this after been pushed around in the garage. Still flies fine, and as you can see Tony and Kyle had a blast. The wind was blowing
Old 06-01-2003, 11:00 PM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

Hey ULF
are you trying to take the "title" away from propnut?.....that is the title of:.....let me see how hard I can fly a Sudokhoi?
Old 06-01-2003, 11:32 PM
JNohsey
My Feedback: (28)

Hey I don't fly them hard, it just that the ground is hard.
Old 06-02-2003, 03:00 PM
Texas 3D

well, I really flew the Sudo hard yesterday. Needed to improve my skills on tail touching. Unfortunately the tail wasn't the only thing touching the ground sometimes. LOL
The wind was really kicking, so it was hard sometimes to hold a steady hover and I cartwheeled the Sudo again about 3 times. I still had some nice tail touches though.
Unfortunately she is so stressed out now that she finally has reached the end of it's lifespan. Had to do some field repair yesterday that worked, but after inspecting her more last night I found out that she is about to loose the engine. The engine mount is now broken, and so is the vertical stab. Plus it has 2 new cracks in the fuse (one just right behind the engine mounts). The wood is also soaked in fuel and oil, and that doesn't help much. Oh well, she was my best flying profile and I am sure she will have a great place in profile heaven. I will give her a real nice funeral (probably burn her). Thanks Gator for trading this baby to me.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:02 AM
Hang'en round R

no no no don't burn the baby come down to our 4 of July Flight Fest down here in Bay City!!! This year we will be having a hard luck award!!! I think go just bout out of site and do a nice death spin into the ground!!!! So what do you think about that??
Later,
Kyle
Old 06-09-2003, 04:28 PM
Terror Dactyl

Kyle
Did you get to see him in the Ferrari (before his wife convinced him to sell it).

If I can get all together I will be there on the fourth with the Magic, Cobra, & Sledge
Old 06-12-2003, 07:20 PM
Terror Dactyl

Default CALLING YNOT

Tony
Get with Ulf as we still need a pilot for the Fun Fly Challenge.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Texas 3D

Jim,
all done and set. Tony will fly for us !

BTW guys, we are going to get together again this Saturday in Bay City for some more 3D fun. Come and join.
Old 06-13-2003, 02:38 AM
YNOT

There is a group of us getting together Saturday 6/14 in Bay City, Texas.

I you would like to come fly with some like minded 3D and Profile people, please come. We have a grill and will do some cooking. We had a couple of Pizza Box's last time and we just played pass the trasmitter with them.

Email or PM me with any question or if you need directions.
Old 06-15-2003, 02:17 AM
YNOT

It was a Hoverfest today 6/14 in Bay City, Texas.

5 Bros got together today and had a blast. We had profiles, 3D planes and a couple of PBF's. It seemed we passed the transmitter on several planes and said, "OK your turn, you touch the tail"

Gators famous Flag Sudukoi has a new owner. Kyle acquired it from Ulf after Ulf and I had a mid air. Did not damage my plane and just busted a hole in the wing of the Sudukoi, it should fly again tomorrow.

We played tail-touching the PBF's, formation hovering and invented a new game that we played with Zane's Super Star. We also had a parachute we were dropping from the Super Star. I got the record for the jump that landed a half a mile away, oops.

We sure would like some more of you to join us and I believe this will start to become a regular thing for us to get together a couple of times a month.

We took lots of pics and ate lots of food.

Here is Me, Kyle and Ulf coming down in formation harriers, one on top of the other.

Name:	86552_15.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	48519  
Old 06-15-2003, 02:28 AM
YNOT

Here is Kyle about to fly Ulf's PBF. Ulf is just making sure Kyle knows how to operate a JR radio

We put countless flights on this PBF today. You could have, too.

Name:	86557_15.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	48520  
Old 06-15-2003, 02:31 AM
YNOT

Ulf will have to teach us all the proper PBF launching technique he is demonstrating here.

Name:	86558_15.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	48521  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.