Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

MOJO 40

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 10:45 PM
mesaflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOJO 40

I had to post some pics of my son's MONSTER MOJO 40 kit. He is very proud of it. He picked out the colors and designed the graphics. By the way Swanny turned me onto his friend Gator who made the graphics. I maidened it last weekend, and we both flew it twice. OS55 for power with an APC 13x4 prop. Plane weighs 4lbs, 4oz. Pulls straight up with about 1/3 throttle. He ought to have some fun with this. He's going to fly it for several flights before he starts trying any "trick maneuvers". If you guys have any suggestions for a 13 year old beginner 3D pilot, let me know.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43863.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1129872   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27707.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	1129873  
Old 02-08-2009, 02:41 AM
lockett

Default RE: MOJO 40

That is one of the coolest planes I've ever seen!!! I'm 33 and none of my planes come out looking that cool, I'm jealous. As far as suggestions go all I can say is just be there for him. The best memories I have of childhood are hanging out with dad at the airfeild. It's great to see the next generation enjoying this great hobby and your boy has a talent for building as well, thats rare. Stick with it.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:33 AM
TimChurch
My Feedback: (1)

Great Looking Slab,, You picked one of the best.

Suggestions,

1.A Mojo that falls from a hover where the tail is only a few feet from the ground does not get hurt, 10-15' and higher breaks stuff.
So get it low, if its going in chop the throttle.
2. Learn harriers first, then bring it to the deck and pop into hover for a few seconds then lean forward and drive away in a harrier.

3 Simulator, Repair time is very quick on a sim

Old 02-08-2009, 06:36 AM
TimChurch
My Feedback: (1)

Now Dad needs to get a MoJo 60..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pKU1LFvlMM
Old 02-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Johnny Mojo

You guys did a great job! Take a look at the plans again for the stab and elevator.......might have left a little bit of material in the Scrap Box It won't make one bit of difference though......It's a MoJo! As for advice, I cannot offer anything better than what has already been posted. Be there for him to help with repairs etc. Depending on his current skill level flying in general, get him down on the deck as quickly as possible. Repairs will be less involved from dorking it down low.

Get back in touch with Gator and get a P R O B R O on the bottom of that wing. Welcome to the madness!

J.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:51 PM
mesaflyer

Thanks guys for the advice. We will both listen to what you're are saying. When he flew the plane the first time, I had to walk away from him, as he was making me so nervous! The "older guys" (hey, I'm only 49!) at the field were giving me crap, as in he flies it better than me, and they were right. He's already a good pilot, and a good kid. I can only hope he is a little patient. And yes, I will be there for him when it needs repairs. I built the kit, but he designed it.

TimChurch,
That is an awesome video! Dad just might have to get a 60. Maybe next year, still have a few planes to finish first.

Johnny Mojo,
The plans have a "shortened" version of the elevators. Supposed be be a little easier on the ele if you dork a harrier landing, so I followed that suggestion. But like you said, don't think it will make any difference. And it's hard to tell in the pick, but Gator sent along a couple of ProBro decals with flames that are on the bottom of each stab. My sons plans are that one day, he will be able to read them when flying!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:36 AM
flygilmore

Yes, the plans show a shorter counter balance but.... you are suposed to fill in the area with the horz. stab. It's ok though-it will fly fine! Good luck and burn as much fuel as you can-the Mojo will learn you a thing or two.

<-
Old 02-09-2009, 04:02 PM
mesaflyer

ORIGINAL: flygilmore

Yes, the plans show a shorter counter balance but.... you are suposed to fill in the area with the horz. stab. It's ok though-it will fly fine! Good luck and burn as much fuel as you can-the Mojo will learn you a thing or two.

<-
Whoops[X(]
Old 02-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Johnny Mojo

LOL, that's why I put the in there. Really, it will be no problem. When the inevitable dorking happens, you'll have a chance to add them. Just build each section on the plans and attach. You and your son will have a great time with this bird! Congrats on a great looking plane.

J.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:33 PM
John Wells
My Feedback: (10)

That looks great! Dad and son got a great one to have fun with