Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Extra Extra V2 - Build thread and showcase

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Extra Extra V2 - Build thread and showcase

Old 10-06-2010, 02:07 PM
guinnb
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extra Extra V2 - Build thread and showcase

Well, both of my personal EE's (EE Colts Proto and my EE60) have gone GAS I bought a Syssa 30cc for the larger 71" Extra Extra (colts theme plane) and a DLE 20cc for the EE60. I'm really liking both motors.

The Syssa was ordered with rail and stand off mounts so installing it in the EEV2's is a breeze. The EE had a YS 160DZ in it (awesome motor in it's own right!) and now as equal power with the Syssa 30cc. It's almost identical power so Saito 180's in other EEV2's. I'm really pleased with this combination so far.

The EE60 was being powered by a Saito 100 which flew it quite nicely. Now with the DLE 20cc it has way more power! In fact, it's got more punch and thrust out of hover than the Saito 125's in this same configuration. Once I work on the throttle linkages a bit (to aid the low end throttle response) this will be an incredible combination. I flown it several times now for 10 hard minutes of 3D flight and use about 4 oz of fuel! Compare that directly to the Saito 100 which used 10 oz in the same time.

So, I'm having fun with gassers now and it's looking good!

Video of the DLE 20cc powered EE60. No video of the Syssa EE just yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtniC-b87qA
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88072.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1511940   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86247.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1511941  
Old 12-16-2010, 07:31 PM
rhampton
My Feedback: (66)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extra Extra V2 - Build thread and showcase

Wow i would like to get a large profile like this. I only fly electric tho. anyone have any for sale electric? this would be fun to fly in a park.