Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Funtana problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 11:58 PM
rcdoug
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funtana problems

I realize there is another thread on this, but I wanted to clear the air on a few things.

Landing gear mount:

On mine, the balsa tri stock at the ply mount missed being glued by appx. 1mm (big gap) on one side. Other side looked like it might be OK. This could be the reason some rip out and some don't.

Servo mounts:

Rudder, elevator, throttle mounts have a bunch of flex.
Push in at the front of the servo and see what I mean.
I installed a piece of CF rod between the fuselage sides (at the front on the rudd. and elev. servos and between the servo tray and cockpit floor on the throttle servo), that doubles the stiffness
except when the servos are going opposite directions.

Otherwise it looks great. I'm not wild about the elevator joiner wire, but thats looks like the only way to do it without extra weight.

Doug
Old 06-28-2003, 11:42 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Default Funtana problems

u need to tell us which or who makes the funtana you are asking about as they have become very popular lately. i am running the stick built one that desert aircraft sells for 399.00
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	89853_6320.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	52001  
Old 06-28-2003, 12:00 PM
rcdoug
My Feedback: (8)

Default Funtana problems

Good point,

It is the new H9 one.
I apologize to anyone I might have upset that has one of the other brands.

Doug
Old 06-28-2003, 01:41 PM
Wings-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Funtana problems

Don't mean to change the subject, But.... WOW... Krayzc....Nice. How does the flight compair to your 29% AW Edge. Here is my 29% with kind of the same scheme.

Name:	89871_1548.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	52002  
Old 06-28-2003, 05:04 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Default Funtana problems

Wings,
You know that is one sweet bird scheme you have there

The funtana take less mixing to fly knife-edge than the edge and the edge take about a -7/7 on ailerons and -1/0 on the elevator. The funtana take a 2/2 on the ailerons and nothing on the elevator for knife-edge. The ailerons are huge on the funtana as there was no mention of doing 3d ailerons back on the 1st batch of AW edge kits. I like the rolling elevator and harrier more on the funtana than the edge. Both plane 3d well but the zdz 40 on the funtana makes all those 3d stuff easier than the edge, neither plane will drop a wing if you get them very very slow. Both the wings are huge; I get to fly about 4lbs lighter doing the funtana, which I would stay, is really a big fun fly as compared to the edge. I would not do imac with funtana but it does it pretty decent, although I did not build it for anything but 3d work in close and personnel. The funtana is a very floating plane on landing 3-5 mph landings. Both planes are strong at the elevator and harrier. Its very easy to get out of a harrier with the funtana as one click of throttle will almost take it out of a harrier and put it in a t-roll so it does take some working to do the harrier compared to the edge. The edge is doing a better flat spin at this point but I will do some more checking and adjusting. I have not tried a waterfall with the funtana. I like the edge for rolling circles better than the funtana. The funtana is very easy to snap, as it will stop on a dime no over-rotation. (These are slow on the down line snaps) as I am afraid the tail might depart the plane otherwise as it a very light set up back there on the funtana. Pull out on a hover is great on the funtana. I’m running a 20 x 10 bambula breaking in the motor for now I have over 30+ gallons on the brison 3.2 that has a bambula 22 x 8 on the edge. I really like the pull the bambula props as I use to always run a 22 x 8 menz until I put the zdz 40 up a few weeks ago that deal made me swap out the mezn prop for all out pulling power. Have you tried one of the bambula props?

Name:	89915_6320.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	52003  
Old 06-29-2003, 02:56 PM
Billy Haynes

Default H9 Funtana problems

I'm putting mine together & thought I'd post my problems / complaints. The covering on the t.e. of the horizonal stab is not stuck down on the stab, no biggie, prob just an oversight on this plane by the builder. The 1/4-20x2 nylon bolt is not a 1/4-20. I was try'n to tighten the bolt & it wouldn't get tight, first I thought I was missing the blind nut/ bolt not aligned w/nut. Come to find out you can push the nylon bolt through the nut & pull it right back out. No I didn't strip the bolt when I installed it, it's just that crappy of a bolt. The hor. stab was off a good bit in relation to the wing. I sanded the stab mount & got it close, but not perfect. I know this is a step in the manual, I just was expecting it to be built alittle better. The triangle stock for the LG looks to be glued tightly to the fuse side, but there is a small gap @ the LG mnt. I'm go'n to beef up this aera just alittle due to some Funtana's LG pulling out. Will post any other complaints/problems as they come up. Other than these problems I feel it is a nice ARF for the money spent.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:14 PM
Combat 20
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Funtana problems

p