RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Profile and Fun Flying Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/profile-fun-flying-planes-105/)
-   -   Mud Duck Aviation returns (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/profile-fun-flying-planes-105/1054689-mud-duck-aviation-returns.html)

Mud Duck Aviation 08-14-2003 12:01 PM

Mud Duck Aviation returns

Hello fellow modelers.

My name is Greg, I purchased Mud Duck Aviation from Tom Chipley recently. I will be offering kits again in the near future and will likely be offering plans for the Mud Duck Mk II and the Agri duck very soon.

I still need to set up shop and get organized. I will be operating the company on a part time basis for a while before cutting lose. I will be setting up a website for the company as soon as I can muster where interested individuals can get some information.

I would love to hear from anyone who has suggestions to improve the models they have built, I would be more than happy to update the product lines with better building suggestions. If any of you would like me to include photos of your duck(s) on the website I will be setting up, feel free to send pictures and any relevent information to me at [email protected]

I myself have built and flown the Agri-Duck and have friends with the Mud Duck Mk I and CricKit. Together we will try to improve the line and are looking at some new models to possibly introduce.

The current line currently includes:

Mud Duck Mk II (kits & plans)
Agri Duck (kits & plans)
Mud Duck Sport .40/.60 (kit)
CricKit (kit)

"On the Drawing Board":

Bipe Duck
Cub Duck
Improved CricKit (more stable)
Electrified versions of nearly all models

Thanks,
Greg

[email protected]

Slow Rollin' 08-17-2003 02:11 PM

Mud Duck Aviation returns

Cool..............

fast eddie b 10-10-2003 07:41 PM

RE: Mud Duck Aviation returns

Hi Greg:

Any recent news on your purchase of Mud Duck Aviation? Us duck fans are waiting!

Fast Eddie B

polstery 10-11-2003 06:58 AM

I'm ready for one.

jmupilot 10-12-2003 06:03 PM

Glad to here the MUD DUCK is back. I have had one that i built from plans i purchased from Tom. i have a banneer towing option installed in mine. its powered by a Maloney 100 gas engine. flys great i'll dig up some photos of it

Pete

Mud Duck Aviation 10-14-2003 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the support and continued interest. Sorry for the delayed response.

fast eddie b,

Sorry, no worthwhile news yet. I am trying to finish up some college credits before I dive headfirst into operating MDA as a full time business. I have a website paid for and am 90% in completing it (offline), but school has slowed the progress as of late. You will be able to find it at [link=http://www.mudduckaviation.com]Mud Duck Aviation[/link] but I will not be able to offer all the things on it right away (the available items will be noted).

I currently can supply full size plans, templates, and decals sets for the Mud Duck MkII and Agri-Duck. I have the ability to get some Mud Duck Sport kits (40-60 size / 80 in WS) available for purchase soon. I also have some CricKit kits, but I am trying to make a few modifications to improve stability before re-releasing them.

polstery,

As per my summary above, I do have some things available now, or very soon. What exactly are you interested in right now. I can give you an idea of when/what I can accomplish in the immediate future.

jmupilot,

I'm looking forward to getting some pictures of your Duck! If you feel ambitious enough, feel free to submit a simple modification article for the banner towing and I'll provide that for other builders to consider doing to their own Ducks! I have received several tips and articles from another modeler which will also be posted on the website, this incudes using the Mud Duck as a downlink video platform (which it is ideally suited).

:D

Anyone can reach me easiest and quickest via my email [email protected] If anyone would like to talk by phone I can provide my cell as I currently do not have a dedicated business line.

Thanks Again for all your support!

Greg

mike duke 05-11-2012 08:34 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a set of plans for a Mud Duck Sport? Any info would be helpful

paof 05-21-2012 06:54 AM

VERY COOL :D

Gizmo-RCU 05-21-2012 07:20 AM

I have one of the first ones, given to me by it's builder, un-flown. I need the balance point if anyone has it?
Thanks;)

turkey hunter 09-29-2012 05:50 PM

Is Mud Duck Aviation back in business or not? According to the website it appears not!

Thank's!

Jerry

captinjohn 09-30-2012 04:40 PM

Kinda a big gap in-between postings....OCT 2002toMay 20 12 ! He said sorry for the delayed response!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif

rcfunflyer 10-29-2014 10:21 AM

Looking for mud duck sport plans 83" span. Anybody got a set?

PLANE JIM 11-16-2014 07:16 PM

I just pick up a NIB Mudduck Sport .40-60 and it is mostly form board with a instruction booklet-I am going to build it this week