RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Profile and Fun Flying Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/profile-fun-flying-planes-105/)
-   -   TMPro USA Extra 260 Cool!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/profile-fun-flying-planes-105/4469386-tmpro-usa-extra-260-cool.html)

50%plane 07-06-2006 10:19 AM

TMPro USA Extra 260 Cool!!

1 Attachment(s)
Check out this new profile. Really cool!!!

RC MANIAC119 07-06-2006 12:52 PM

RE: TMPro USA Extra 260 Cool!!

OK.......I like the pics.....but what about the flight report? Whats your flying weight? Will it hold a torque roll? Got video??
Detail.......we need details!![>:]

50%plane 07-06-2006 01:01 PM

I have a friend that's involved with it. I don't own the plane and other than my friend, I have no connection with the company. However, I really want this plane! I think they will be here soon.

50%

RC MANIAC119 07-06-2006 08:29 PM

DEtail man.........DETAILS!!!!:D

Spacey 07-07-2006 03:53 AM

Heh I also spotted the bird yesterday on the site and asked the manufacturer about it. Apparently it was coinsidence that I stumbled onto the site right as they were putting it up. Still in test phase and going into production soon it seems. I think it looks awesome!!! Outta be a great seller if it performs anything like the Katanas. I love it! Can't wait to see more on it.

50%plane 07-07-2006 05:47 AM

It looks like it could outfly the Katana, but there's only one way to find out. The price is $149 and the first shipment will be here in a month I think. Here's the URL: http://www.topmodelproduction.com/Extra260-P.htm It looks like there's a vid, but I'm having trouble with it, the website is fairly new, so maybe they don't have it up yet.

50%

AeroDave 07-07-2006 08:33 AM

Looks great. That should be a very nice flying bird. RCMANIAC, I'll bet the only limitations on torque rolls will be the pilot!

profile540 07-09-2006 11:37 AM

This plane looks like fun!Is the fuse not that wide or is it just me????????

Spacey 07-10-2006 01:36 AM

Nah looks pretty standard to me? Looks like it's got most of the things the Katana's got going feature wise too. Nice servo lead channels the works. I couldn't get the video to work either so maybe it's not uploaded yet. Let's hope they get one going so we can see if this is worth fussing about.

STLPilot 09-24-2006 09:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Spacey
Nah looks pretty standard to me? Looks like it's got most of the things the Katana's got going feature wise too. Nice servo lead channels the works. I couldn't get the video to work either so maybe it's not uploaded yet. Let's hope they get one going so we can see if this is worth fussing about.
Video will be done soon hopefully. There were more features added to final version like winglets, servo extensions, wheel pants, sullivan style tailwheel and graphics. Also a 2 piece wing with single internal wing bolt, no tabs.

bullet65 09-24-2006 11:29 AM

stl,i have a saito .91 with no place to go.what do you think.it looks good

budshobby 09-24-2006 11:56 AM

When in doubt, always get a Mojo. In this case the Mojo 60.

Hobby-Motory 09-24-2006 02:32 PM

for the Saito I will choose katana V2 70, will be great combination...

STLPilot 09-24-2006 05:23 PM

I've seen Saito's on lots of .40 profiles, but that's a whole lot of motor for it as it's pretty light airplane.

deathspiral 11-18-2006 09:35 AM

well. the 11/15 ship date came and went--with nothing. Wonder how many people dropped the $10 advance purchase paypal, over to find out it was a ripoff! No response from website.

Hobby-Motory 11-18-2006 11:02 AM

I've just got a response about it...
It says shipping mid next week....

Guess costum is byong all of us after all.

STLPilot 11-18-2006 11:07 AM

Sorry, deathspiral, I didn't email you as your order was one of the only one ordered offline. My fault. I just sent email updates, sorry I missed you.

The planes just arrived to the port and first thing Monday morning I'm heading over to the port and hopefully pick up the container and bring back to our office which is only a few miles away. We are going to try our best to get them in the mail by Wed. But if not, then early next week.

deathspiral 11-18-2006 07:11 PM

I did order online. Probably should make a note on the website to update status.

STLPilot 11-18-2006 07:47 PM

I sent all updates to all pre-orders and updated the website. If you didn't get an email, then pm me your email address.

Also our phone number is on the website you can call 7 days a week 9am to 7pm if you have any problems with your order. Also a webform that goes directly to our support blackberries. And of course email. It's very difficult not to get in touch with us if you have a problem.

decay 11-18-2006 08:53 PM

Are there any landing gear options?
That wire LG looks el-cheapo for sure.
poss CF or even dural
Does this plane have a habbit of
tip-stalling? Looks like it would.

STLPilot 11-18-2006 09:07 PM

The landing gear wire is by far the best ever made. It will NOT bend. It's the best spring steel I've ever seen, even better then the V2 steel. As far as CF it's the worst thing you can put on a profile, it looks pretty but lasts about 10 landings before it cracks. If you don't like the looks and the great function of the wire gear you can always put some tetherite on it, but there is no reason. Profiles are not for looks by nature, they are for great flying. If you want scale looks, then go with a scale plane.

Tip stall at 4.25 lbs? No, it will not tip stall.

Next week when they start shipping, the customers will do all the talking. For now we only have the pics and a couple vids that were made that do the talking.

decay 11-19-2006 08:22 PM

I own 2 3D profiles right now, I know what there for.
Are you calling this plane 3D? Both mine seem to have
more wing area & a thicker wing , at root & tip. Also
as someone said the fuse looks thin. Has it been tested
for Extreme G manuvers? Our is it one that gets sold
awhile, then we start seeing threads about the fuse
breaking in half. Its been known to happen from
unheard of , unproven sellers. At least Ive never heard
of this brand. $150 is high, wonder if its worth it??
FYI weight has nothing to do with tip stall, its in the
wing design. A 2lb electric can tip, Quad taper wings
can be good for tippping.

STLPilot 11-19-2006 08:50 PM

Talk to some TMPro Katana V2 owners, there have been plenty of them planes sold as far as quality. This plane is made the exact same way but upgraded with some other cool features and shaped like a 260. The Katanas have sold thousands worldwide. This company is not unheard of.

The plane is designed for 3D and pattern, thus the thinner wing. It will track much better then the Katana V2, but the V2 will 3D slightly better. It's a give and take in the aviation world. If you want a combo plane, this is your bird. If you want 3D and only 3D then go with something else.

As far as 150 being high, sorry but this is not a low end ARF. Look at the features and compare the price to the Fusion at $189, Mojo at $189 and Bad Boy at $159. Even the Katana V2's have sold for the longest time at $159 but have just recently gone on sale.

And yes, there have been 2 planes flown in the US and prolly 10 of them flown overseas for testing and everything we could throw at it, was thrown at it.

STLPilot 11-19-2006 09:22 PM

http://www.flyingthingz.com/videos/T...iew%202006.wmv

This video was shot in a bout 25-30 mph winds in the Poconos, PA.

decay 11-20-2006 03:25 PM

Any "combo" design that Ive seen doesnt

do either 'combo' type flying worth a darn.

Its more of a sales type gimmic to appeal

to more flyers who dont know any better. PERIOD.

A expert flyer can make the lousyest plane

look good, if they want to.