Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

1300 flameout

Old 06-08-2008, 10:15 AM
nraheja
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1300 flameout

I took my KC out last week for the first flight after the long winter in MN. Ran the engine on the ground for 3-4 mins with at least 2 mins at full throttle. Everything was working fine. Had the first flight with without any incident. IN the flight we did simple patterns and no aerobatic maneuvers as it was the first flight of the season. Halfway thru the second flight (again simple patterns of 8) got white some and the engine flamed out. We had really strong winds so she did not make the runway go her down in a soft mud area on the belly. The airplane has a few minor damages but it could have been a lot worse. Go lucky!

I checked the EGT and it shows
1. Glow Fail
2. Shutdown data - RPM 24K and temp 333C.

I am assuming the white smoke is likely to be a air bubble, which is possible but surprising as she ran really well on ground (there were no bubbles in the lines) and the first flight was perfect. Is Glow Plug failure indicative of any other problem which caused this flame out or its purely a coincidence? Could the glow plug failure and flameout be related or would this be a pure air-bubble issue?

I have completed the repairs and was planning on running the engine up but the tailcone is loose. actual movement is approx 3/32". Has anybody encountered this and how have you dealt with it?

Old 06-10-2008, 10:25 AM
B777

Default RE: 1300 flameout

Hi Neelesh,

Header or sub-tank may have leak which allows air to enter the feeding fuel line. Your description indicates flameout from fuel starvation.

Outer tail one can be tighten but teh inner tail cone is slightly loose by design to allow thermal adjustment.

Regards,
Kraivuth S.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:06 AM
sok72
My Feedback: (-1)

Hi Nilesh
How are you?
whats your email address...cheers shehzad
Old 10-27-2008, 11:08 PM
nraheja
My Feedback: (15)

Good to hear from you. I am doing wel. Sent you an email.