Q-40 Racing Discuss AMA 422 and any other variants of Quarter 40 racing

STUPID QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 05:07 PM
2fast4u
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STUPID QUESTION

I am a fan of raceing, but there is NO SUCH ANIMAL around these parts, so my question is this...

I see several QM40 planes with a band of pink or red tape or paint on the left wing....WHY??
Old 12-11-2003, 10:53 AM
DHG
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: STUPID QUESTION

2Fast,

Your question is not stupid, and it's timely ... go to "General Racing Discussion" & look under "Racer Color ID?" Here's the link:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_13...tm.htm#1343510

As for the "no such animal" part, all I can say is, get ONE other guy to bring out a matching airplane, put 'em up together in a friendly little speed contest, and the looky-loos will swarm around you so thick you'll need to light up a cigar!

DHG
Old 12-11-2003, 05:06 PM
2fast4u
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: STUPID QUESTION

Thanks for the info. I figured it was an i.d. item, but didn't know how it was used.

As for getting something going here, forget it, we have tried sever times over the years with very limited intrest. The best we ever did was to get a bushed 40 Quicky 500 group going for about 2 seasons. Max of 7 pilots for the season, then someone wanted to go BB 40 engines and that was it!!! Everyone ran crying saying that only the money would win, and it was over. Sad but true.