Notices
Q-40 Racing Discuss AMA 422 and any other variants of Quarter 40 racing

Q-40 arfs

Old 12-12-2003, 07:13 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q-40 arfs

Does anyone make Q-40 arfs? I cant seem to find one anywhere. Anyone have a good used one they care to part with?
Old 12-13-2003, 09:17 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Q-40 arfs

Many of the Q-40s come in a pretty advanced stage of completion. Lyle Larson will build any of his Q-40s to any stage of completion you want, including painted and ready to go. Dan Kane will send a PoleCat setup, primed and ready for paint at a reasonable cost.

Now these planes are not cheap to start with, so I am not exactly sure what you are looking for. I think about the cheapest q40 composite kit you can find is about $375, so you can plan on adding roughly $150+ to have one built for you.

If you are looking for a sport plane ARF that is relatively close to a Q40, take a look at the Kangke F3D. This won't be quite as fast, but I think you can buy one for about $150