Notices
Q-40 Racing Discuss AMA 422 and any other variants of Quarter 40 racing

Best Prop

Old 08-14-2006, 07:23 PM
leercguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Prop

I am getting set up for Club 40 pylon racing and need some suggestions for the best prop for an LA 40. I'm looking for speed. Please give me some help on this.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:59 AM
Super Splatter

Default RE: Best Prop

I'd say which ever 6" pitched prop that will allow the engine to spin within it's max power range. 9-6, 8-6??

Gotta think of pedaling a 10 speed bike and picking just one gear to stay in. Do you wish to acelerate from 0 ? than a go with a 5 pitch

wanna have top end and have some kinda of assisted launch ? than go with a 7 or more pitch.

Here in Q-40 land , you take a 7.5 inch prop with a 8 pitch, add 23,000RPM and stir around the pylons for 180 MPH's

Mmmmmmmmmm... Q-40
Old 08-16-2006, 06:06 AM
luv to race
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Best Prop

Put a NELSON muffler on it... For all out speed, I think you'd want fairly short props.. with lots of pitch. But on a LA40 you're the test bed? Put a black prop APC Q40 job on it... Speed is only relative to the plane you attach it too.

R.Bridge
F3D Team Member