Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Q-40 Racing
Reload this Page >

New Dago a "Kitty Killer"???

Community
Search
Notices
Q-40 Racing Discuss AMA 422 and any other variants of Quarter 40 racing

New Dago a "Kitty Killer"???

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 09:33 PM
diggs_74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dago a "Kitty Killer"???

After busting the old Dago in half I had to set up the new Dago I bought second hand.. It had never been flown so I was starting with a clean slate.. The original Dago had some flight issues I wasn't pleased with and could never really get ironed out.. It would fly good one day and not so great the next.. Anyway, I was a little leary about the new one too but to give it the benefit of the doubt I put in some good digital servos and took my time setting it up.

The first flight tonight was an eventful one that put it in a hay field about 300 yards away on the other side of a large pond.. I won't go into detail but let's just say that the plane is strong and withstood a half dozen snap rolls at 180mph and the landing in the hay field and wasn't any worse for the ware.. It seems that too much elevator and they'll snap out.. Live and learn I guess.

I looked it over real close and then took out a bunch of elevator and put in a little more expo.. It took off perfect and everything seemed ok so I put it on the imaginary course and flew until just before the tank went dry.. I can honestly say I never corrected after a turn nor did I have to add any tip weight.. I'm not sure if it's as smooth as my beloved Polecat but it's pretty close and easily as fast.. I don't know if it's the higher end servos or just a better build but I'm going to have a hard time deciding what to fly at the next contest..

Just thought I've give Lyle a little free P/R....