Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Q-40 Racing
Reload this Page >

Jet and Speed Models Kasumi 21

Community
Search
Notices
Q-40 Racing Discuss AMA 422 and any other variants of Quarter 40 racing

Jet and Speed Models Kasumi 21

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 09:42 AM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet and Speed Models Kasumi 21

I just noticed this 20-32 sized ARF out of Holland. It looks like an F1 or perhaps a Q40 but with a 40" WS and flies on a 20-32 size glow. MAN had a short recent blurb on it - soon to be sold by Hobby Barn for $85. Its 100 euros on the Dutch web site. This looks like something I'd really be interested in
as I always wanted a real Q40 or F1 type Pylon Racer to be powered by a good sport 40 size engine so I could control it and gradually build up to those blinding speeds instead of having one of those "on" or "off" screaming pylon engines.

Anybody have any experience with Jet and Speed Models?
Old 04-28-2003, 07:52 PM
SSAN

Default Re: Jet and Speed Models Kasumi 21

Originally posted by ShempHoward
Anybody have any experience with Jet and Speed Models?
ShempHoward,

I don't believe no one here in the U.S. have heard of it or experience with any of the products mentioned, but I could be wrong though. However, it looks very interesting and maybe a good, inexpensive, "alternative" to the real Quarter Midget 40 for high speed Sport flying.

The kit is indeed very interesting and I may look into it further and may get one for myself for high speed Sport flying.

Here's the link to the manufacture of these kits...

http://www.jetenspeedmodels.nl/
Old 04-29-2003, 07:32 PM
DHG
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not hardly slow!

That looks like a Club 20 racer ... hand-launched, probably a very strong fiberglass fuselage, for a .21 with tuned muffler. I bet Paulus (Paul Ravensberger) could tell you more about the kit. His Web address is http://home.planet.nl/~raven274/.

DHG
Old 04-30-2003, 06:24 PM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

Paulus did have some info to add and posted the same in the Extreme Speed Forum. I'm wating for a reply from Jet and Speed Models now but they are on vacation now - more to follow.
Old 05-18-2003, 02:15 AM
X-Cellant
My Feedback: (1)

I E-mailed Hobby Barn and thay are not hear yet and will be going for around $119.
Old 05-18-2003, 03:13 PM
Randy Smith

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A number of those models shown on the website are Club 20 style racers. We race Club 20 up here in Calgary in the winter time. Flying speed is very close to a Quickie 500 with a hot sport engine (Webra Q) on it. Radar gun speeds on the race course are about 130 mph. Therefore these models are slower than a 428 Quickie and Q40. You're welcome to visit us in Calgary to race Club 20 but I don't think it's flown anywhere else in the NMPRA.

I am not familiar with the other .40 size racers on that website but they might make a good Q40 training platform. They certainly look sleek enough however, they appear to be designed around a FIRE engine with tuned pipe. The Europeans use a lot of full-wave tuned pipes with zero nitro - ala FAI style. This would be an expensive way to go and would orphan you into a position where you couldn't fly your model in any N. American events here because we don't use FIRE engines with tuned pipes unless you're interested in that Head-banging called F3D.

My advice (FWIW) would be to get into 428 Quickie with a Nelson or Jett engine that you can fly here in N. America then move up to Q40.

Randy S.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:16 PM
midgetmustang

Hello,
I can tell you more about the Kasumi from Jet and Speed model. The Kasumi is not a Q40 Racer. It is designed for Side exhaust engines like the OS 32SX. With this Motor it flies about 130-140 mph. It is very stable in the air and we call it an entry level speed trainer. Or, if you want to go fast with an already available .30 size engine. The Club20 airplane ist hte Stiletto, this is available with a Club20 legal thicknes wing. I fly a Beretta21 with the 3.5cc (.21) Rossi FIRE engine. This is the hottest 3.5cc engine factory build engine available as I know of. In the air, I get 31000 rpm with the APC 6,5X6,5, resulting in a speed of 290-300km/h. Beside this, we build the strongest and fastest 3,5cc airplane engine comercially available, our Piranha 3,5cc aprox 2.8 hp@42000 rpms. This will run in the air at up to 36k rpm. Based on a Rossi 3,5cc Marine engine casting. For this engine, Jet and speed models builds the Piranha speed model airplane. If you want to go faster than that, you still can stick to Jet and speed models and choose the Stinger40. This airplane, together with a Rossi .40 Pylon racing engine, or a Jett or Nelson, you can tach 360 to 390 km/h or 230 to 250mp/h. 390km/h on the Tach with the Nelson Front engine. Welcome to the +200mph Club.

Roland

look at www.modellmotorentechnik.de there are some pictures of my Beretta21. Kasumi to to follow.