My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Composite Parts - Primer Color?

I have been using System Three WR-155 water reducible epoxy primer for my primed in the mold composite parts. They no longer sell it and I’m almost out. They replaced it with a quicker drying primer called Yacht Primer. It is still water reducible epoxy primer. I love being able to thin and clean up with water. I had tested the WR-155 for compatibility with a wide range of paints and other primers. Epoxy sticks to it very well as does CA. I have not done much testing on the Yacht Primer, but from what I understand it is essentially the same formula with some minor tweaks.

One change is the color. The WR-155 was white. Not bright white, but pretty white. The Yacht Primer is gray. It is a light gray. It is lighter when it comes out of the mold than when it is sanded. Which is actually a cool feature. You can see where you have sanded a part.

My only concern is customer acceptance. Most of the people I have talked to have said not to worry about it and just make the change.

I have attached a picture of a Swee Pea belly pan. The white one had a very light coat of primer and is a little see-through.

I would like to hear opinions on the primer color as to whether it is an issue or not.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43124.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	1194589