Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Q-40 Racing
Reload this Page >

QM 40 future without Nelson?

Community
Search
Notices
Q-40 Racing Discuss AMA 422 and any other variants of Quarter 40 racing

QM 40 future without Nelson?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 04:11 PM
fabionet31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QM 40 future without Nelson?

Where is a QM 40 future without Nelson? There is a idea?
Old 05-20-2009, 04:39 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: QM 40 future without Nelson?

Jett
Old 05-20-2009, 04:46 PM
stillQ500

Are you kidding me ??
Iunderstand that alot of people use Henry's engines and have been very happy with his products. Ican accept the loyalty and following he has and am the first to admit that his engines have more wins out there thru the past yearsthan any others. Ialso know that he has sold more of his engines for our market than all the rest........
Ihave been around the racing circuit since the late 70's early 80's and have seen many of the developements along the way. Some of it was good, some a waste. Iremember when we were using ringed engines and standard bypass porting.
Ialso remember a year back in the 80's when we sent a group of top notch pilots to represent the USA at the FAI championships and we won as a team using SuperTiger engines. Can anyone remember who put thoughs engines together and to make them run ? All the man Hours spent hand fitting each one and making sure that they were running at the peak performance. Iknow who it was and he did it for the Team.
Does anyone remember who spent time trying to fix a vibration issue when the first long strokes came out? and Don't say they didn't vibrate because we all know they did !
Yes, Dub built all though engines for the FAIteam and fixed alot of other problems for other engine makers. He has stepped up to handle things that NOONE else knew what to do about , never asked for anything in return.
It's amazing to see so many people that have basically turned there back on Dub Jett and I think alot of you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Dub has struggled with a few things over the years but has ALWAYS been there to help a fellow racer when theyneeded it, always answering questions and doing thebest he can to Improve the Hobby of racing remote control airplanes. Dub Jett makes an incredible engine of TOPquality .
so to answer the questions outthere of,,what are wegonna dowithout Henry....Buy a Jett !!!
Old 05-20-2009, 04:49 PM
sahartman21

Will there be Q-40 without Nelson?

I would hope that the loss of one manufacturer would not be the demise of Q-40 or Q-500 racing.

I understand that Nelson sold the largest market share of the racing engine market. The people that have Nelson engine will probably continue to run their engine until parts are not available.

It appears likely that Jett and other manufacturers will increase their market share. Jett makes a very good Q-40 engine and may people will buy that product.

I would be surprised if someone didn't pick up the Nelson casting and continue production.

In short I don't think the loss of Nelson will be the demise of racing.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:17 PM
B.P.R.

ORIGINAL: fabionet31

Where is a QM 40 future without Nelson? There is a idea?
NOVAROSSI ...... :-)
Old 05-20-2009, 06:23 PM
rbg

Stillq500:

Couldn't have said it any better 

Get a Jett and start winning.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:37 AM
fabionet31

to have a single producer it is not beautiful for the sports ! development does not exist!

but MB Profi ? IR ? Fora ?
Old 05-31-2009, 07:25 AM
BUDMAN27

StillQ500 is right. Dubb Jett is a hard working part of RC raceing.He has takin the time to come down to my small out of the way club and show us how to race. I want to thank him for all his help. I beleave we are all part of this raceing community. This country is going through hard times right now so I can understand why Henrry made his choice ,but I wouldn,t count him out. He is still around and will remanes a vitel part of raceing.My money doesn,t  take me far so I can,t get out and race with you guys much any more. Some people say QM-40 raceing is doomed ,but I don,t think so. It has its prob. ,but thoes out there who have the time and money will see it through.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:03 AM
plankdriver

Some people say QM-40 raceing is doomed, but I don,t think so
From the looks of the 2009 AMA Nats, I dont think so either. In fact, I saw a good amount of fresh blood, and I am even getting a few new guys interested in racing in my area. Yes is expensive, all forms of racing are. But if you thing about the amount of technology these little rockets have, I think is a bargain. There is a way to cut cost if you have the time, build your own planes.

Chago