Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stinger pic?

Does anyone have a pic of ed smith's stinger that they could post? sean
Old 06-26-2003, 12:08 AM
Ed Smith

Default Stinger Photographs

Hi Sean,

I do not have any photographs of the stinger. Try Duane Gall, he was the original designer of this model. I used Duanes sketches and fuselage to produce the molds.

I can send you a full size plan if you wish, either email in Autocad .dwg format or regular mail. Free either way.

Ed S
Old 06-26-2003, 01:38 AM
PylonWorld
Banned

Default Stinger pic?

Ed,

Can I get a copy in DWG format?

TIA
Old 06-26-2003, 01:42 AM
sean mercer
My Feedback: (2)

Default stinger

Sure,I'll take a copy in dwg. I pm'd duane. Haven't heard from him yet. Thanks Ed! [email protected]
Old 06-26-2003, 02:43 PM
DHG
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stinker pix

Hello, gents. Been busy. (The Nats is coming! The Nats is coming!) I'm painting one now -- should have pix in a few days. Harass me if you don't hear back.

What's a "dwg"? When I scan in a photo on my scanner, it comes out as a "jpg" ... maybe there's an option to change that. I'll see. Anyway, I've found that posting a photo here is tricky because the file size is limited to 70K and it has to be a squarish ratio, no more than 700 pixels in any direction if memory serves. That's why I was unable to upload the Cosmic Wind photos I promised in another thread.

I'll figure out the computer when I'm done sanding plywood.

Analog Guy
Old 06-26-2003, 03:34 PM
PylonWorld
Banned

Default Stinger pic?

Duane, send me the JPG and I'll get it posted.

DWG is AutoCAD format ... not suitable for here.

JPG's are best here. You have to have software that can downsample the photo to 700 x 700 max and maintain the aspect ratio, and the file must not be more than 70,000 (different than 70K) bytes. Some software can compress the file for best presentation at a particular file size.
Old 06-27-2003, 01:48 AM
sean mercer

Default stinger

Thanks for sending it Ed. I couldn't get it to show. I even downloaded autodesk and still nothing. Maybee Duane can post a pic of his when he gets it done.
Old 07-03-2003, 07:10 PM
DHG
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Time marches on

Sean,

So sorry, I finally got it all together and it looks totally *****in' (I hope the moderator will let me use that word) but have to shove off for the Nats first thing tomorrow. At this point not even the red-envelope, next-day photo processing will be quick enough ... and I'm not willing to sacrifice my beer money for a digi-cam. Best I can do is try really really hard not to break it, and get you a photo afterwards.

I will say Ed makes a mighty fine fuselage. It's 1.5 ounces lighter than my best so far, even with the fin molded in. Must be that Myers's Rum he uses to thin out the resin.

Rumrunner
Old 07-03-2003, 08:07 PM
sean mercer

Default stinger

LOL! Ok,thanks Duane and good luck at the nats. Hopefully there'll be something left to photograph I'm still debating whitch Q40 to buy and am waiting to see a stinger before I buy. sean