Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Q-500 Racing
Reload this Page >

Any Info on Mills Aircraft Models "Yellow Fever" Quickie 500

Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Any Info on Mills Aircraft Models "Yellow Fever" Quickie 500

Old 01-30-2011, 05:12 PM
_Tommy D
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Info on Mills Aircraft Models "Yellow Fever" Quickie 500

Would anyone know the history of the Mills Aircraft Models "Yellow Fever" Quickie 500? Could not find diddly on the net.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31369.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1556043  
Old 01-30-2011, 05:15 PM
epr3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any Info on Mills Aircraft Models

I believe it was kitted in the MD area in the 80's. very popular when we were using the K&B 40's
Old 02-02-2011, 10:27 AM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Any Info on Mills Aircraft Models

This is one that I don't remember ever hearing about. There were a number of regional kits back in the day. The Blackjack, the Edge, were a couple of others. It is interesting to see how the thinking on quickie design has evolved over time. For instance, on this design the wing is inset inside of the fuselage, while today this is seldom done. For one thing, this increases the surface area of the fuselage, and would require the tank to be installed in front of the wing. It also appears like the side profile of the fuselage is symmetrical, while many of today's designs droop the nose slightly (in part this improves the tank to engine relation with CG tanks, but may also help lower drag).