Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

spectrum servo

Old 02-03-2011, 01:56 PM
PylonDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spectrum servo

I saw this Spectrum servo in the LHS today . Model A5030 looks like a good buy for Q500

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMSA5030
Old 02-03-2011, 02:01 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: spectrum servo

I agree, specs look very good, let me know how they work.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:39 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up two at the LHS. Same mounting pattern as the JR3021 or JR Sport MN48. I had set up a new plane for the MN48's, bought a couple of these new ones for aileron / elevator duties.

At 6.0 V regulated, they were jumpy when moving - jumping back and forth up to 10 degrees or so while moving. Once stopped, they didn't dance around, but they were sure unstable when moving.

I took them back to the LHS. They tried them at 4.8V, no problems. Tried them on a 2 cell LiFe battery (~6.6V) and they jumped around when moving. I traded them toward the ESC and stuff I needed to finish my E-Flite Pogo.

I'd sure like to hear others' experience with them. I would love to be able to buy a nice fast digital servo for 20 bucks, but I've been running 6V batteries for a few years now, and am not looking to switch back.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:10 AM
BarryReade
My Feedback: (1)

Darn, sorry to hear that.  I bought b10 of the new H5000 and they are rock steady at the 6V.  But, I have $44/ea delivered to the door and the new A5030 really looked promising.  I would hope you would drop Horizon a line and they will get it worked out as a digital servo for pylon racing for around $20 would be great!!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:19 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If i get a chance next week i might give them a call. For now i traded them back to the lhs, but i too would love to have an inexpensive digital mini servo! Depending on what i hear, i would not be opposed to buying some again. Might just set my regulator to five or five and a half volts, should have thought of that sooner