Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

spectrum servo

I saw this Spectrum servo in the LHS today . Model A5030 looks like a good buy for Q500

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMSA5030

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: spectrum servo

I agree, specs look very good, let me know how they work.
    Dave Norman
    29w

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I picked up two at the LHS. Same mounting pattern as the JR3021 or JR Sport MN48. I had set up a new plane for the MN48's, bought a couple of these new ones for aileron / elevator duties.

At 6.0 V regulated, they were jumpy when moving - jumping back and forth up to 10 degrees or so while moving. Once stopped, they didn't dance around, but they were sure unstable when moving.

I took them back to the LHS. They tried them at 4.8V, no problems. Tried them on a 2 cell LiFe battery (~6.6V) and they jumped around when moving. I traded them toward the ESC and stuff I needed to finish my E-Flite Pogo.

I'd sure like to hear others' experience with them. I would love to be able to buy a nice fast digital servo for 20 bucks, but I've been running 6V batteries for a few years now, and am not looking to switch back.

No matter where you go, there you are!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Darn, sorry to hear that.  I bought b10 of the new H5000 and they are rock steady at the 6V.  But, I have $44/ea delivered to the door and the new A5030 really looked promising.  I would hope you would drop Horizon a line and they will get it worked out as a digital servo for pylon racing for around $20 would be great!!
    Barry...
    http://www.RCPRO.org

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If i get a chance next week i might give them a call. For now i traded them back to the lhs, but i too would love to have an inexpensive digital mini servo! Depending on what i hear, i would not be opposed to buying some again. Might just set my regulator to five or five and a half volts, should have thought of that sooner

No matter where you go, there you are!