Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Q-500 Racing
Reload this Page >

"VIPER - Q-500" - Fuse Plans - by Great Planes

Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

"VIPER - Q-500" - Fuse Plans - by Great Planes

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Electriceddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "VIPER - Q-500" - Fuse Plans - by Great Planes

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have, or know where I could get a set of plans, or at least the plans for the Fuse? I know these "ARF's" just come with instructions at best and they don't come with plans. However I want to make a new fuse, actually I have a few wings left over from some crashes. I could make another 2 planes maybe 3. If I had the fuse plans, it would make it a whole bunch easier to do. I would love to get a full set of plans. You would figure after 9 of them I would not need any plans, but I know there are things that I can not see or access without a set. Can anyone direct me to a set of plans?

Thanks a Bunch

Ed

Old 02-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RE:

Ed, here's an idea for you,,,

Grab a 1/16 x 4 x 36" or 48" sheet of balsa. Lay the fuselage on top of that and trace it out. Then cut and sand the shape to your liking's,,, now you have a pattern to make as many fuselage sides that you can handle,,, making the bulk heads is just as easy too

Don t forget to allow the required dimensions of the fuselage. Meaning, it will be a little smaller at the high point of the fuselage(normally at the TE of the wing) due to the sheeting on top and bottom and/or with the wing

As for the wing saddle,,, use a scrap piece of wing with some 220 sand paper glued onto the bottom with something like 3M spray. By doing that, you'll have a nice wing saddle shape, after sanding, for when or if you pot that wing of choice to the fuselage.

In the pic here is what I use to use,,, a piece of a vortex wing

BV
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74085.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	1567033  
Old 02-20-2011, 12:50 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE:

Or you can buy a snaker kit from www.supertrc.com

Will fit those wings nicely and will be all laser cut with tab and lock (simple / strong) construction.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:14 PM
[email protected]

just a thought that when you do the new fuselage allow for the fuselages sides under the tailplane to be parallel( plan view) and put a piece of block balsa between at the extreme end- then you can jig the tailplane on a zero datum to the wing....THnz
Old 02-22-2011, 07:39 AM
PylonDave

BigTrev, hope you are doing ok after the earth quake!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Electriceddie

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the help so far but, I was really looking for a set of plans if they exist. Then I would have the outline for the formers etc. Inside the fuse are fus doublers as well. Any plans out there?

Thanks

Ed
Old 02-23-2011, 04:50 AM
luv to race

Default RE:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=652164

Follow thread...
Old 02-23-2011, 11:45 PM
[email protected]

thanks for your concern- my wife and I have no damage to our 3 properties- but sadly the city centre is basically destroyed- many buildings have been destrioyed and the last count was 98 deaths and that figure is rising....so sad. We are having aftershocks that are occuring every 20 minutes or so and you never quite know whats going to happen next. thanks for your concern trevor H, nz
Old 04-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Frank Schwartz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE:

I think I scratch built a Viper many years ago. I no longer have the plans. Can anyone tell me what the airfoil was like. Was it fully symmetrical ....or??
Thank you,
Frank
Old 04-14-2011, 05:25 AM
GSJames

The Viper airfoil is a Selig 8064. It is not symmetrical. I has a little bit of camber in it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Tr50129.txt (2.1 KB, 118 views)