Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Buying new radio for 426 and 422

Hello,
    I am going to buy a new Futaba 2.4 radio and I was wondering which one should I go with. I was looking at the 7ch but I heard the 8ch has a better reciever. Please any informed input would be appreciated. Also what do installations look like and batteries guys are running. If it matters, it will be going in a Lyle Proud Bird 2 and a Voretx

Thanks Ed

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Buying new radio for 426 and 422

both will do what you need them to do pylon wise, the 8fg is a better radio all the way around vs the 7cap. if the little extra isnt going to hurt and you have other sport planes i would go for the 8fg
    mrrcs.org

need vinyl lettering?? pm me

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am very happy with the 7c as my primary traveling pylon radio. Only limitation that bothers me is it maxes at 10 model memory.

I bought it transmitter only, I don't need standard servos, and I just buy 617 receivers.
    Dave Norman
    29w

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Dave,
    Thank you very much, is there anything special I need to know about installing the reciever in a 426 or 422 airplane? Also what batteries are you running. I still have been using 350 Mah nicads, but I am sure there is something better out there. Been out of racing for about 15 years.

Ed

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lots of people have switched to Lipo's, I haven't. I think that is a bigger issue if you went to the JR/Spektrum line, but Nimh's are fine with the Futaba stuff.

I use 720-1000 mah NIMH's now either 4 or 5 cells, both work fine. Just condition the NIMH's in with serveral slow charges and keep a good eye on them and they will work just fine. I can get you a picture of the install later today. Real simple, I just use Heavy Duty Velcro and plop it to the bottom of the fuse. I take 1" pieces of nyrod and glue one to the bottom of the fuse, and one to the side of the fuse (90 degrees) to each other and stick the antenna ends through the nyrod and tape down the antenna just as it comes out the tube.
    Dave Norman
    29w