Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Correct way to install Futaba 2.4 617 rx

Hello,
    I have never built a Q-500 before and I am finishing up a Vortex I had bought last year for 424 racing. Can someone please tell be the best way to install a Futaba 2.4 617 receiever and how to orientate the two little antennas. Pictures would be GREAT

Thank you
    Ed

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Correct way to install Futaba 2.4 617 rx

For the receiver mounting, I would just use Velcro.
    For the antennae. They need to mount 90 degrees to each other. Look at them and you will see a "silver tip" sticking out the end of the wire. Those tips are the actual antennae and are what should be 90 degrees to each other. the coated wire between the receiver and the tip is not so important as to how it runs.

Many (including me) glue a piece of drinking straw or fuel tube to the fuse and run the antennae inside that. I like to have the actual antenna part sticking out of the tube but have been told it makes no real difference.

I just went out to take a photo but my camera battery is flat. Will charge it up and post one later if nobody else has posted a photo in the meantime.
    3W, BME and DA all the way. Proven power, Proven reliability and Proven support equals much cheaper in the long term.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Correct way to install Futaba 2.4 617 rx

I simply use a piece of scotch tape.

Kurt