Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Q-500 Racing
Reload this Page >

N.Tx Pylon Racing Org. Q-25 Engine List for 2012

Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

N.Tx Pylon Racing Org. Q-25 Engine List for 2012

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 05:28 PM
SargeUSMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N.Tx Pylon Racing Org. Q-25 Engine List for 2012

The N.Tx. Pylon Racing Org is using the AMA Event 424 lega Quickie 500 racing airplans only.
These rules can be found on the Ft. Worth Tunderbird Web Site & the NTxPylonRacing.org Web Site.
The only change from above rules is the engines, and the only change is the addition of the ASP 0.25A.

Engine must be an OS 0.25FX, OS 0.25AX, GMS 0.25, Magnum 0.25XLS, or ASP 0.25Aii for this class.
Starting in 2012 any other engine must be approved by the contest directors.
All engines must be a front intake, side exhaust type using only the stock factory furnished "Out Of The Box" expansion chamber muffler and fully functional factory stock throttled type carburetor.
All engines must be capable of sustained idle and be shut down by radio.
* No engine or muffler modifications allowed except to remove the baffle from the muffler and to relocate the rear needle valve assembly if broken off or replace the factory remote needle valve with an after market remote needle valve assembly.

As to the addition of th ASP 0.25Aii:

I received this information from Bill Kunz after I had inspected these two engines will at our WAMS Swap Meet.

Just a note to let you know that Magnum engines, marketed by Hobby People in Fountain Valley, CA, are manufactured in China by ASP.
As you saw for yourself, the ASP 0.25A is the exact same engine as the Magnum XLS 0.25A.
The only difference is the warranty and the package (box).
The Magnum engines have a two year warranty and the ASPs are sold as-is.
The Magnum XLS 0.25A usually sells for $70 from Hobby People add to that a $10 standard shipping fee.
The ASP 0.25A is available from Hobby Partz (Nitro Planes) in Los Angeles, CA for $37.70 and they have free shipping on orders over $50.
Parts for the ASP 0.25A and the Magnum XLS 0.25A are readily available at a very reasonable price from Hobby People (since they are 100% interchangeable).

Bill Kunz,

Submitted by: Verne 'Sarge' Bell 817-629-1909, [email protected]
Old 03-31-2012, 05:37 PM
resourcecapital
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: N.Tx Pylon Racing Org. Q-25 Engine List for 2012

the asp 25a is unavailable is the 25aii approved??
Old 03-31-2012, 06:33 PM
SargeUSMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: N.Tx Pylon Racing Org. Q-25 Engine List for 2012

As of right now, I would say "YES"! Looks like the ASP 0.25A is out of stock.

We will have to see a copy to make final decision.