Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Albuquerque Update

Old 07-03-2012, 05:16 PM
ceandra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Albuquerque Update

As previously announced, we are working toward a race weekend in Albuquerque August 4-5, 2012.

We will offer 424 and 426 on the short course, and EF1 on the EF1 short course (375').

We have built radio-controlled lights (LED traffic lights), and so we have upgraded, no longer planning a "naked" course. We should have plenty of help between our club members and the Civil Air Patrol.

We are planning two separate race days, with all three classes offered in separate races Saturday and Sunday.

We'll have concessions for lunch, camping is permitted, practice at least Friday after noon (earlier if plenty want it). We have limited shade, suggest you plan to bring a canopy. We had to move back from our normal pit shade due to setback requirements.

Looking forward to restoring racing in Albuquerque, Hope you all can make it!

Chuck Andraka
AMA 1614
NMPRA 11H
Old 07-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Kevin Matney
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Albuquerque Update

You can race the EF1 on a 475" course. We did it at Tom Scoots race in June and ran fine. That way you can just keep racing with a course change.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:11 PM
ceandra

Kevin:

Thanks for the input. I was thinking the same. However, flyers are out there, plus AMA sanction, all indicating EF1 short course. It's not a big deal, the Basin folks do it fine. Leave the lights halfway between the two #1 poles, and just drop teh EF1 pole when flying nitro. The pickles and radio are quite portable. It does mean a second tent for teh pole 1 judges, but that is minor.

I'll certainly consider it for next time around.

At this point, my goal is to give the best possible experience to ABQ racers, so they are inspired to jump in big time. Sounds like we are getting good interest from out of town too, with TX, CO, AZ, and CA so far expressing strong interest. Let's show the locals how to have fun!

I have given away several planes, one with radio and engine to a kid, to get people in who have the skills.

Chuck
Old 08-24-2012, 09:35 AM
THRL-CKER

ORIGINAL: ceandra

As previously announced, we are working toward a race weekend in Albuquerque August 4-5, 2012.

We will offer 424 and 426 on the short course, and EF1 on the EF1 short course (375').

We have built radio-controlled lights (LED traffic lights), and so we have upgraded, no longer planning a "naked" course. We should have plenty of help between our club members and the Civil Air Patrol.

We are planning two separate race days, with all three classes offered in separate races Saturday and Sunday.

We'll have concessions for lunch, camping is permitted, practice at least Friday after noon (earlier if plenty want it). We have limited shade, suggest you plan to bring a canopy. We had to move back from our normal pit shade due to setback requirements.

Looking forward to restoring racing in Albuquerque, Hope you all can make it!

Chuck Andraka
AMA 1614
NMPRA 11H

Did this race happen, if so how about some photos and results.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:10 AM
BarryReade
My Feedback: (1)

What Jim said.  I hope it went off as you really had the potential of having a great event.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:01 PM
djlyon

for results and pictures go here

http://www.nmpra.org/index.asp

Albuquerque Results
Old 08-24-2012, 05:44 PM
sahartman21

Try this link: