Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

No. Texas Pylon Racing Org 2013 Schedule

Howdy Pylon Racers!

The North Texas Pylon Racing Organization is proud to announce the Pylon Race Schedule for 2013.

All six races will fly Club-40 racers with Q-25 Racers.
    We use a 400 foot, 2 Pylon Course.
    We will be alternating heats between Q-25/C-40 & EF-1's.
    Registration starts at 10 AM, Pilot's Meeting at 11 AM, 1st Heat about 11:30 AM
    Registration Fee is $20 to include Lunch.

1st Race: April 6th, Richardson RC Club Field, Rain Date: April 20th.
    2nd Race: May 18th, Ft. Worth Thunderbirds RC Club Field, Rain Date: June 1st.
    3rd Race: June 29th, Golden Triangle RC Club Field, Rain Date: July 13th.
    4th Race: Sept. 7th, Richardson RC Club Field, Rain Date: Sept. 21st.
    5th Race: Oct. 26th, Golden Triangle RC Club Field, Rain Date: Nov. 2nd.
    6th Race: Nov. 16th, Ft. Worth T'Birds RC Club Field, Rain Date: Nov. 30th.

For more information, see our Web Site: www.ntxpylonracing.org or: www.rcflightdeck.com.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: No. Texas Pylon Racing Org 2013 Schedule

Just curious, which .25 engine seems to be the one to beat?

The OS 25FX and the Magnum 25 XLS are the dominant engines. The OS is always good, but it's kinda pricey these days. There seems to be some inconsistency among the Magnums, but my 2nd best engine was a Magnum, until I lost it and the rest of the airplane in the lake last year (after winning!!!)

Remember that this isn't an engine hopping event, Here is rule #4 from the NTxPro website:

http://www.ntxpylonracing.org/Q25_rules.html

4. Engine must be an OS .25FX, OS .25AX, GMS .25, or Magnum .25XLS for this class. Starting in 2011 any other engine must be approved by the contest directors. All engines must be a front intake, side exhaust type using only the stock factory furnished "Out Of The Box" expansion chamber muffler and fully functional factory stock throttled type carburetor. All engines must be capable of sustained idle and be shut down by radio. * No engine or muffler modifications allowed except to remove the baffle from the muffler and to relocate the rear needle valve assembly if broken off or replace the factory remote needle valve with an after market remote needle valve assembly.

Note: The ASP 25 Mk II is exactly the same engine, made in the same Chinese factory as the Magnum 25 XLS. If you were to show up with an ASP 25, you would most likely be allowed to race, but if you planned to do that, it would be nice to have a "heads up" to the CD before hand.
    Gary James
    AMA CD 68845, NMPRA 15I, RCCA #908

ORIGINAL: SargeUSMC

All six races will fly Club-40 racers with Q-25 Racers.
    Just for clarification, we will fly the C-40's in the SAME heats as the Q-25. It will not be separate events. We have found from experience that they are essentially the same in performance. The Q-25's are faster in the straights but the C-40's do better in the turns and it pretty much evens them out. It really depends on the pilot, which is what we want anyway.
    Gary James

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, that counts me out for this year, drag racing is the 1st and 3rd Saturdays. Anyone need Vipers or parts?

ORIGINAL: Duane-RCU

Well, that counts me out for this year, drag racing is the 1st and 3rd Saturdays. Anyone need Vipers or parts?
    Don't blame me, I voted for Sundays, like the last 10 years... We fly Combat on the 3rd Saturday, guess what I'll be doing?
    Gary James