Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Fuel Tank problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 09:06 PM
rvd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Tank problem

I'm having a very bad foaming problem in my fuel tank in my dominator500.. First i thought it was the vent tube shifted but the tank is brand new and I did assemble it correctly.

I think it's vibration from the fuse sides.. The tank compartment is so tight that the 6oz sullivan tank has to be almost forced in.. There is no room for foam padding on the sides just a little top and bottom.. I don't get why it's so tight? Did i build the fuse too small? i followed the plans. hehe oh well

Has any of you gentlemen tried a 4oz tank? I might have to drop down in tank size but I'm not sure what the runtime will be like with my gms .47 8X7 prop..
Old 04-23-2002, 09:13 PM
Druce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a four ounce tank will be fine with that engine. I use a gms 40 with a 4 ounce tank and I have lots of time to complete 10 laps and then some. I have it in a predator and the tank compartment is also tight..
Old 04-23-2002, 09:18 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Default 4oz Tank

I'm not sure what engine you are using, but if it is a standard .40-.46 sized sport engine 4ounces of fuel should be good for about 5 minutes of flight time. Plenty of time for most 424 races.

Now if you are using a Nelson or Jett type engine, you should probably stick with the 6oz, and preferably a bladder type tank like the Tetra.
Old 04-23-2002, 10:23 PM
rvd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you guys use muffler pressure also?
Old 04-24-2002, 01:20 AM
PylonWorld
Banned

Check out this thread on Newbie needs a bubbless tank.

The slim Jett will fit right in ... however, it will be partially back in the radio comparment..