Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

North TX Pylon Race #2

The N.Tx. Pylon Racing Org's 2nd Q-25/Club 40 & EF-1 Pylon Racing Event is Saturday, May 18th, 2013.
    This will be a Two (2) Pylon Course, 400 feet between Pylons.
    We will be alternation classes between Q-25/Club 40 & EF-1.

We will fly the Q-25's and the Club 40's in the same heats since previous head-to-head testing has shown that the airplanes are essentially the same speed when flown smoothly.

The fuel will be 15% and you must provide your own fuel (we will trust you, if you win by using greater than 15% fuel, you aren't a winner, just a cheater)

It is probable that there will be insufficient judging manpower available. Thus, you should be prepared to perform the duties of pylon cut judge when the other class is racing. i.e. Q-25/C-40 racers will judge for EF-1 guys and vice versa.

Registration will be at 10 AM, 1st race will be at 11 AM.
    Event Fee will be $20.
    Lunch will be included for all registered pilots and available to non-entrants for $5.

Regarding motors for EF-1:

The NEW Hobby King EF-1 motor has been approved and should be available soon . Their new ARF “ Invictus” for EF-1 racing should also be ready for sale about the same time.

Before this approval, several new racers in the Austin and Waco area have been using the Turnigy 3542 – 5 because it was inexpensive and available. However, it was never approved nationally which made it difficult for it to race everywhere.

Obviously , we need as many racers in Texas attending as many races as possible.

Therefore, we recommend the 3542 – 5 be allowed in all district 8 races UNTIL the more economical and approved Hobby King EF-1 motor becomes available. We will make an announcement when that date arrives.

Until then, let's all attend as many races as we can this year and make this district the most active one in the country.

This temporary allowance of the Turnigy 3542-5 has been suggested and approved by one of the creators of the EF-1 event until such time as the new Hobby King motor becomes available.

Fort Worth Thunderbird R/C Club is hosting event.
    Location will be at the T'Birds New Field, Mustang Park, Lake Benbrook, 3602 Winscott Plover Road, Fort Worth, Tx. 76126.
    GPS: 32 deg 36 min 35.12 sec N, & 97 deg 29 min 06.31 sec W.

CD: Gary James 817-689-3778 CD: Verne Bell 817-629-1909

We hope to see you there.
    Gary James
    AMA CD 68845, NMPRA 15I, RCCA #908

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: North TX Pylon Race #2

Racers:

Just a few last minute notes before the race.

For those of you who are not familiar with the field:

http://www.fwthunderbirds.org/Flying_Field.html

Thunderbird Field is located in Mustang Park on the south shore of Benbrook Lake. It is on property leased by the club from the US Army Corps of Engineers.

GPS coordinates for the Corps of Engineers gate are 32.592909, -97.479741. Or the address, 4300 Winscott Plover Road, Fort Worth, TX can be entered. This is the entrance to Mustang Park. Drive to the end of the entrance road and turn left at the stop sign.

The Corps provides RV hookups at its facilities in Bear Creek Campground (west of the field) and South Holiday (northwest across the lake). There is NOT direct access to the field from Bear Creek. Bear Creek is not open year round. Contact the Corps at 817-292-244 for information.

The Corps allows free admission to the park to AMA card holders. Show your AMA card at the gate and ask for a "Thunderbird pass" Others are required to pay the normal lake admission fees.

AMA membership is required and pilots are required to post their AMA cards in the frequency board prior to transmitter turn on. The AMA Safety code is posted at the board. Club rules are also posted and both are shown below.

Lunch will be catered BBQ from Riscky's BBQ in Benbrook.

Try to get there early so that I can get the matrix made up. Entry fee is $20 and includes lunch

Expect to have to help out at the pylons when the other event is flying.

See you there.

Gary
    Gary James
    AMA CD 68845, NMPRA 15I, RCCA #908