Community
Search
Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Arial route

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 06:08 AM
Conrod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Arial route

Hi
My son has the aerial in his Dominator running in a tube along the bottom of the fuselage under the servos (Hitec 225) and he seemed to get a lot of glitching,think it is RF of the servo motor, moved the aerial outside the plane and no problems. I have the same set up (internal aerial) but with Futaba 3002 servos and have no problems, has anyone else had this problem with 225s, if so how did you fix it?
Geoff
Old 03-22-2004, 06:23 AM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Arial route

I've run antennas between hitec 225 servos many times without a problem. I would suggest he try another receiver and see if he still has the same problem.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:26 AM
Conrod

Hi Dave
Yes have done that, same problem.
Geoff
Old 03-22-2004, 07:21 AM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Geoff, try changing out the tail servos one at a time with known good servos and then see if the problem goes away.

BV
Old 03-22-2004, 09:11 AM
splatt

How old is the switch harness. How good is the crystal ? Remember to keep an open mind fix'in gliches. try tapping each componant on the bench with everything connected and switched on.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:16 AM
Conrod

New receiver (JR 770s PCM) and new switch,will try removing one servo at a time.
Geoff
Old 03-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Stand

You once you get rid of the glitch -- don't fly it until you do! Check out Darrol Cady's method of keeping the antenna contained it the air frame:
http://www.darrolcady.com/Racing_Inf...ch/Antenna.htm

I once had a brand new Q-500, new radio, new everything; it didn't range check very well. But since it was new receiver I flew it anyway. On the second flight while flying parallel to the run way and almost knife edge, as the airplane was directly in front of me it went into fail safe. It continued in a straight line and really pretty arc into the ground almost 3/4 of mile away. There was a really big cloud of dust and lots bits and pieces flying through the air. Horizon did send me a new radio!

I almost hit the porta-potty at the Speedworld MotorPlex cross country bike course.

Stan Douglas
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55565.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	114544  
Old 03-23-2004, 11:03 AM
luv to race
My Feedback: (1)

If your using PCM.. and getting RF interference, you shouldn't be getting gliches. It should just go into hold?? If your gliches are true gliches, then I would think servos all the way.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:39 PM
garys

Yeah..with PCM..I'd check the servos and switch if you're getting "glitches". Randy's right about the servos, but it could also be the switch cycling on and off intermittently during different control imputs, making it look like glitches. Just because it's new doesn't mean something can't be wrong..
GS