Notices
Q-500 Racing Discuss AMA 428, AMA 424, and any other variants of Quickie 500 racing

Viper wing bolt mods?

Old 05-24-2004, 09:40 PM
Duane-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper wing bolt mods?

What is the prefered wing bolts on the Viper? I've thought about using 1/4" blind nuts, or glueing a 1/4" plywood under the wing block, and drilling and tapping for 1/4", since the holes are a little big to tap, or using the stock metal bolts, and puitting something on the threads to help lock them. Other than a throttle servo, mine's almost ready, I just wanted to make sure what the latest opinion on the wing mounting....
Old 05-24-2004, 11:53 PM
djlyon

Default RE: Viper wing bolt mods?

Mine work just fine box stock through a few races and lots of practice. But that's TT40 racing Nelson racing might be a different story.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:36 AM
Ed Smith

Default RE: Viper wing bolt mods?

Do not tap holes in plywood, the threads will not last. Glue a maple block under the existing plate and tap into that. I use 10-24 flat head metal screws. It is not the screws that hold the wing on. It is the styrofoam glued to the block in the wing that holds the wing on.

Ed S